This vacancy has been filled and is no longer available.
Payroll Operations Manager
- Based in St Helens
- £38000 per annum
- Excellent Benefits package
Is one of the worlds largest and most respected employers, and as a result of a major project, due to mobilise in January 2021, it is searching for an experienced and highly motivated Payroll Operations Manager. This is a business critical appointment and due to the visibility of the project it will require someone who has proven experience in large regulated/public sector focused operations. This is a unique opportunity to demonstrate inspirational leadership within a vital and diverse environment. Furthermore, you will become part of a forward thinking team that is committed to an ethos of learning and self-development which will support their strategy for further growth.
Reporting directly into the Senior Leadership team you will manage the relationship between Employment Services and its current, and future clients. You will have the ability to build solid working relationships with multiple stakeholders, each of whom will have their own unique service solution requirements ensuring that you and your teams deliver the highest standards of service in accordance with contracted Service Level Agreements. The role is multifaceted and whilst there is requirement for the successful candidate to have a comprehensible understanding of Payroll it is your operational expertise and ability to project management in a dynamic and fast changing environment which will add most value to the role.
Your responsibilities and experience needed to ensure success
- High levels of communication and advocacy for your teams, the organisation and its internal and external stakeholders
- A proven ability to analyse complex data and statistics for payroll returns, and to produce high level reports on a regular basis
- Strong commercial awareness – value, quality and delivery.
- Effective leadership through example with a commitment to ongoing training and development both personally and for colleagues
- Technical expertise in all areas of payroll including comprehensive knowledge of complex HMRC regulations and statutory requirements
- Financial responsibility for signing of BACS for significant payroll and an authorised signatory for all clients. Monitoring of budgets and associated costs ensuring that profitability is maximised without compromising service to clients
- Adherence to all quality management policies and procedures ensuring compliance is in line with the internal compliance audit programme
- Strategic and tactical experience in delivering a vital and commercially focused payroll service with a high performing team
Our ideal candidate is
- A strong and supportive manager who will encourage and lead their teams by example
- An intelligent and outcome focused colleague
- A strong negotiator who is focused on building long term business relationships
- Understands regulation and governance and the importance of compliance
- A good team player who can be relied upon to work in collaboration with multi departmental colleagues to achieve positive results
- An advocate for the department/team he/she leads heads and supports
This is a role that will engage, challenge, and excite someone who wants lead a very important service which is a fundamental lifeline for end users of the service. The above information is not exhaustive, and we are happy to share more detailed insight on the position to interested parties. For more information please contact email@example.com or alternatively for a conversation on 07974366140