This vacancy has been filled and is no longer available.
- Based in St Helens
- £21,800 per annum
- Paid Overtime
- Excellent Benefits package
- 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Is one of the world’s largest and most respected employers, and as a result of a major project it is increasing its service and therefore the payroll team. We are searching for a talented individual who has proven experience in large regulated/public sector or volume focused operations. The successful candidate will become part of a forward-thinking team that is committed to an ethos of learning and self-development which will support their strategy for further growth.
Will be to work closely with members of the existing Payroll department. You will be responsible for processing payroll in a timely and accurate manner. Calculating wages and applicable deductions based on employee attendance and timesheet records. Entering payroll information into central system for processing. Alongside this you will provide training and support for the Payroll Administrators/Assistants. The role initially is a 12-month fixed term contract with a view to go permanent.
Experience needed to succeed.
- Demonstrable experience as an active payroll officer/administrator, preferably in the public sector or high-volume payroll environment, including experience of assisting with supervision, training, and development of staff.
- Confidence in a varied and sometimes unpredictable workload.
- Familiar with an interfaced computerised HR/Payroll system for inputting and interrogation purposes.
- Compliance with Client Service Level Agreements and any associated KPIs.
- Can successfully lead and work within a team to effectively deliver projects and objectives to time and budget.
- Understand and capable of carrying out compliance audit and implementing any required actions.
- Develops strong working relationships with colleagues at all levels and external stakeholders.
- Experience of reviewing, developing, and implementing procedures and processes.
- Computer literacy to work effectively with the required IT systems for Payroll Services, including ESR and Microsoft Office (advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word etc).
- Has an analytical approach to reviewing complex areas of service development in particular relating to performance of the service: analysis of resourcing models/budget and data sets and analysing and interpreting payroll information.
- Experience of end-to-end process of payroll and HMRC statutory requirements, including BACS sign-off.
Our ideal Candidate has
- A strong work ethic and is committed to driving results through example.
- Great team leading and team building ability and will mentor train and support their team to ensure results are achieved.
- An eye for detail and understands the importance of compliance and strong levels of governance.
- Confidence and communicates effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to ensure that relationships are built on trust and integrity.
- A natural drive to ensure that value, quality, and delivery of service is evidenced throughout each procedure and process.
This role provides a huge opportunity for someone seeking an employer who will offer the type of prospects, challenges, and rewards that are not readily available from most organisations. If you feel you are suitable, please apply today or if you would like to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Luke Parker on 07961 091 500 or apply direct.
Dear Applicant. We thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.
With regards to the ongoing Coronavirus (Covid-19) situation, like all responsible businesses we are continuing to monitor the situation and to act in accordance with Government guidelines.
Please note however, that whilst we are not fully operational, we continue to work closely with our employer and candidate clients to ensure that resourcing and job sourcing requirements continue to be met in line with our strict professional standards. In the interests of health and safety, we will continue to carry out all forthcoming interviews with our candidates via video interview until further notice.