Contact Alice about this role
- Hybrid working model
- £50,000 – £60,000 pa, DOE
- Excellent Company Benefits
OUR CLIENT & THE OPPORTUNITY
Our client is a well-established, successful, and authorised provider/re-seller of enterprise technology and managed IT solutions. It is an extremely forward-thinking organisation committed to investing in the business to ensure it continues in its upward trajectory of growth and stands out from the competition.
As an outcome of their continued success, we are searching for an experienced IT Project Manager, to join the business and lead IT projects and service onboarding activity within our client’s enterprise portfolio. Reporting directly to the Head of Project Office, the successful candidate will act as the key interface between the project team and all areas across the business.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Contract onboarding:
- Manage and ensure a smooth on-boarding of Managed Services contracts, by creating an Operations Manual that clearly defines the service obligations, deliverables, and responsibilities.
- Determine readiness levels of service providers and manage any readiness gaps by creating action plans to close the gaps.
- Agree exit plans to manage the exit of any incumbent suppliers.
- Ensure all elements of service delivered by 3rd parties/suppliers are fully understood by the delivery teams, and these partners are managed effectively, and their obligations are met.
- Apply sensitivity around employees impacted by the transition of services from one service provider to another.
- Improve the project and service onboarding process through post-transition lessons learned reviews.
- Have a thorough understanding of the Project and Transition Management lifecycle with the ability to communicate this across the wider business and its customers.
- Having an understanding of all aspects of each project to be delivered, and guaranteeing that they cover the obligations of the business as outlined in the project or transition plan.
- Managing the delivery of IT Projects through efficient planning and task management.
- Conduct regular progress review meetings, focusing on performance and initiating improvement where necessary.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, managing a stakeholder engagement plan including RACI matrices to clearly confirm areas of accountability and responsibility.
- Build an understanding of the associated costs, charges and billed activity required with the delivery of each project, ensuring accurate record keeping.
- Prepare regular progress reports which indicate the status of tasks, plans, risks, and challenges.
- Agree the scope of each project and ensure this is adhered to, whilst managing risks and issues in relation to the scope, timeline, commercial and operational aspects of the project or new service, including an action plan to address each issue or to mitigate the risk.
- Manage requests for change to the scope, timeline, or budget, to include the necessary impact assessments and required actions
- Act as a point of management escalation for internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure solutions and processes are tested prior to launch.
- Identify the need for a technical handover from the project team to the “business as usual” service teams and facilitate the handover.
- Support pre-sales and service design for new services and solutions, helping with project plans to support new business opportunities and tenders.
Candidate skills and experience:
- Previous Project Management experience delivering IT Project and Transition services to Enterprise customers is essential.
- ITIL Foundation V3/4 (Essential)
- Prince 2 Foundation (Essential)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and planning tools e.g., Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Managed Services and IT Service Management including ITIL and support models and processes.
- Strong communication skills at Senior Management and Director Level.
- A strong collaborative working capability with the ability to lead a team to deliver.
- Solid analytical and reporting capability.
- ServiceNow knowledge (Desirable).
- ITIL Service Transition or ITIL Managing Professional Transition V4 (Desirable).
- Prince 2 Practitioner (Desirable).
This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled Project Manager to join a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation with some very exciting plans for the future. If you have the relevant experience, please apply today, or alternatively please contact Alice McGlaughlin for a confidential chat.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.