This vacancy has been filled and is no longer available.
- Nottingham – Hybrid working
- £35,000 – £40,000 pa DOE
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Free on-site parking/ WorkBYTRAM discounted travel scheme
- Excellent Company Benefits
Our client is a well-established, successful, and authorised provider/re-seller of technology solutions, hardware, software, and managed IT services. They hold top tier accreditations with all the major vendors and have a vast existing client base comprised of Corporate, Education/Public Sector, Media & Entertainment, and IT Partners. It is an extremely forward-thinking organisation committed to investing in the business to ensure it continues in its upward trajectory of growth and stands out from the competition.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The successful candidate will have had experience working within a Tech, you will understand the importance of vendor/supplier relationships, negotiation and managing stock levels. Additionally, you will be an experienced manager ensuring clear KPIs are set and ultimately met by their team. This will be achieved using a considered and effective procurement strategy.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the purchasing team, supporting them by setting clear KPIs, regularly reviewing performance and adjusting accordingly, whilst also assisting them with their professional career goals.
- Ensure staffing levels are adequate to mitigate any potential exposures within the team.
- Support the wider business with supply chain initiatives.
- Strategic and creative activity to maximise profitability and minimise supply or stocking risks to the business.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships to negotiate with suppliers and vendors to ensure the business has competitive advantage in the channel.
- Provide business performance forecasting based on product invoicing.
- Identify, design, and implement new workflows and system improvements to maximise the output from the Purchasing team.
- Monitor performance of purchasing activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management, with recommended improvements.
- Ensure the Purchasing team are executing the wider product stocking strategy whilst informing the business of any market changes which may indicate change is needed with the strategy.
- Ensure the team have all appropriate products visible on all necessary internal and externally facing channels, whilst supporting the sales teams with opportunities proactively and in a knowledgeable manner to drive the close of a sale.
- Ensure the team are seeking incremental margin by negotiating with suppliers for special pricing, terms, and delivery.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience within an IT Procurement role is essential, preferably within a Reseller, VAR, Distributor etc.
- Strong commercial acumen, with the confidence to justify your decisions.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to gain commitment and buy-in from internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team.
- Ability to learn quickly and retain knowledge with regards to products and processes.
- Knowledge and interest in IT hardware and software is beneficial.
- Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external clients.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Procurement Manager from the Technology industry to join a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation with some very exciting plans for the future. If you have the relevant experience, please apply today, or alternatively please contact Alice McGlaughlin for a confidential chat.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant; if your application is shortlisted then you will be contacted by telephone in the first instance. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand at the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please contact us directly.