- Lenham – Kent
- £40,000 - £45,000 + commission + bonuses (OTE £60k)
- Excellent working culture
- Company Events, Employee Assistance Programme, EV Car Scheme + more benefits
Is an industry leader within the Memory & Storage Solutions Technology sector sharply focussed on delivering excellent customer service, world-class products, and timely delivery to their clients. They maintain an ingrained business ethos centred around employee satisfaction and a people strategy of becoming the ‘Employer of Choice,’ encouraging continuous professional & personal development to ensure a long-lasting career for their employees, and high retention of staff for the business.
Reporting into the CSO, the successful candidate will play an integral role in the growth of the business by developing, mentoring, and coaching a team of up to 8 Internal Account Managers. The focus will be on creating a supportive environment for each team member to thrive, developing a tailored training strategy to develop the team’s skills, and to ensure they have the foundations for a successful and long-lasting career. You will lead from the front and manage your own set of existing clients, showing your junior team members best practices through identifying sales opportunities, growing accounts, all whilst delivering excellent customer service.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Recruit and onboard Internal Account Managers, creating a positive, collaborative, and supportive team that fosters growth, development, and learning.
- Work with the CSO to set team and individual targets prioritising retention, maximisation, and acquisition, and create of a strategy to achieve these targets.
- Work with the CSO and COO to develop a training program with the aim of improving the sales skills and knowledge of the Internal Account Management team, implement the program when agreed.
- Manage the Internal Account Management team including KPI setting, daily contact and coaching, regular 1-2-1s, pipeline reviews, and feedback on areas for improvements to ensure they are meeting/exceeding their monthly targets.
- Ongoing training on the business sales tools and CRM system, ensuring team members are using these effectively.
- Ensure each team member consistently provides excellent customer service and identifies opportunities within their accounts that require expertise from other areas of the business to maintain partner of choice status.
- Create a culture of knowledge sharing within the team, whilst liaising with the internal marketing and technical team to ensure Internal Account Managers have relevant and up-to-date information on products and market trends.
- Identify potential leaders within the team and mutually develop career development plans that align with their strengths and interests.
- Own agreed set of accounts to lead by example, showcasing success, staying ahead of industry trends and emerging technologies, and personally achieving targets which directly increase business revenue and profit.
- Build relationships with key vendor stakeholders at all levels.
- Report on individual and team performance to the CSO.
This role will be measured on…
- Achievement of team and individual sales targets.
- Improvement and ongoing development of the sales skills and knowledge within the team.
- Personal and professional development within the business.
- Positive feedback from the team on effectiveness of training, positive environment, and employee satisfaction.
- Increase in customer satisfaction ratings for the team’s accounts.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Proven previous experience (5+ years) successfully creating and managing a junior sales team in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of sales training techniques and best practices is essential.
- Proven experience of achieving personal sales targets, alongside the ability to build rapport easily with stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience of accurately following business policies and procedures, working to best practices, and utilisation of CRM systems.
- A team-centric and collaborative mind-set, with a positive and engaging attitude.
If you would like to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Alice McGlaughlin on the number listed on our website. Alternatively, please apply today and we will contact you directly.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We'd like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant; if your application is shortlisted then you will be contacted via telephone in the first instance. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, we endeavour to consider all applicants for future opportunities; should you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please contact us directly.