Head of Logistics
- £60,000 - £70,000pa DOE
- Excellent Company Benefits
OUR CLIENT & THE OPPORTUNITY
Our client is a well-established, successful, and authorised provider/re-seller of enterprise technology and managed IT solutions. It is an extremely forward-thinking organisation committed to investing in the business to ensure it continues in its upward trajectory of growth and stands out from the competition. As an outcome of their continued success, and as a result of their strategic growth plan, we are now searching for Head of Logistics to manage Inbound Delivery Coordination, Warehousing and Inventory Management, Order Management, Logistics Services, Despatch, Shipping and Courier Management, and Import/Export management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and managing the teams responsible for all aspects of logistics and form part of the wider management team responsible for running the day-to-day aspects of the business. Key elements include:
- Management of flow of goods, both inbound and outbound, ensuring that supply management is an enabling factor and competitive advantage for the company.
- Management of inventory and warehousing, to optimise use of process, people and infrastructure to support business objectives and drive efficiency.
- Management of logistics services, providing added-value functionality and services for the business and customers.
- Management of import/export and international development, ensuring proficiency, compliance and enabling the international expansion of the business.
- Key point of contacts for logistics services for the purpose of service/platform development and customer/proposition requirements.
- Delivery of a roadmap and vision for the future of logistics services within the business, in line with strategic business objectives.
- Management of the logistics teams to provide a stable, motivated, and dynamic function, able to deliver long-term growth and short-term agility.
- Interface and member of the cross-functional leadership team within the organisation. Able to work with senior stakeholders to deliver plans and to provide operational input into planning and execution, including bids and tenders.
- Business process owner for flow of goods in- and out- of the business, including those held by third parties.
- Responsibility for overall cost of the logistics function, with objectives to deliver a scalable platform for growth, enabling service delivery and driving efficiency.
- Inventory management; responsible for security, accuracy and efficiency of inventory holding and management.
- Logistics service delivery; ensuring new projects and existing customers’ services are being delivered to expected service levels and within budgeted/planned cost.
- Organisation and service development, leading the development of logistics services in line with strategic and business objectives.
- Knowledge and management of relevant quality, compliance and safety standards, including ISO.
- Owner of key logistics supplier relationships including courier, freight-forwarding, shipping and 3PL services.
- Implementation of an international logistics capability, enabling the business’ expansion and growth in overseas markets
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Commercial acumen providing the ability to make and justify decisions.
- Exceptional operational skills with a desire to challenge the status quo and strive for continuous improvement.
- Strong, proactive communication skills, able to gain commitment and buy-in to a common vision and clearly stated goals.
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders.
- Possesses the energy, passion, resilience and commitment required to realise goals.
- Ability to ‘think outside the box’ to offer achievable solutions under pressure.
- Always demonstrate a professional manner when dealing with internal customers and our external supply chain partners and customers.
- Flexible, positive, team-centric attitude, and able to adapt to the constantly evolving landscape
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation with some very exciting plans for the future. If you have the relevant experience, please apply today, or alternatively please contact Alice McGlaughlin on the number listed on our website for a confidential chat.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.