Digital Designer (with UX capabilities)
- REMOTE WORKING, YORKSHIRE BASED
- Up to £35,000 pa DOE
- Company Benefits & pension scheme
Our client is a close-knit and results driven organisation with a warm and dynamic working culture. Benefiting also from being a part of one of the largest digital marketing groups, there is no end to what this company is able to offer its fantastic portfolio of clients who operate across in various industries. The inhouse teams provide a full service, covering the end-to-end web-development process from UX, design, UI and systems development with a wealth of experience, collaborating and innovating, subsequently delivering exciting and award-winning projects.
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative and dynamic individual to join a growing company that heavily invests in its employee’s development and employee satisfaction. You will have a pivotal role within the web-development process, touching on both the UX and design of website development, working on projects varying in size with clients from multiple varied industries. The design team works collaboratively with the end client, account management team and often the development teams if the project is to go into build.
This role is fully remote, however as our client is a part of a larger group there is the opportunity to work within their Leeds or Harrogate offices. The client also holds UX workshops and this would then require travel to client sites, this travel will be subsidised by our client. The company hold regular company updates and team meetings via video calls so therefore have a high level of engagement from all employees.
In your role you will…
- Harness user-centred design principles to produce high-quality visuals — from concept to execution — across many platforms
- Use interaction design to help tell a product’s story, guide our users, improve usability, and make our users’ experiences responsive and fun
- The ability to lead a design project, to deliver visual designs based on UX research as well as content strategy outputs, all following best practice and maintaining high standards throughout
- An understanding of all the visual components involved in website builds and how they are built and put together
- Mock-up prototyping and animations within Adobe XD to show clients micro-interaction ideas and suggestions before formalising in build
- Understand how to compile and manage a design system in XD (Managing text styles, colours and components in Libraries) and to weave together the aforementioned to help users navigate client sites
- Apply UX research outputs to inspire and inform design decisions
- Comfortably presenting designs to clients, explaining design decisions and rationale behind concepts and ideas
- Continuously improve client sites by maintaining a cycle of reviewing and suggesting ways to improve web visual presence and user experience
UX Research duties will include but are not limited to:
- Propose and deliver tailored UX processes for a wide range of projects
- Use Google Analytics Data to track and influence design/research, presenting to key insights to design/development teams
- Inform information architecture, content strategy, site mapping and linking. Analyse the results and compile actionable recommendations for design
- Understand and represent the value of data-driven design wherever possible
- Define and conduct different types of user research (including interviews, surveys, tree testing, moderating focus groups, usability testing, card sorting)
- Plan, run and analyse usability test sessions across websites
- Relevant industry qualifications within the UX, UI or visual design disciplines
- Excellent communication skills
- Some understanding of HTML/CSS and/or UI development techniques and processes
- Involvement with the design and technology community as an active participant and contributor
- Experience of researching, writing, validating and sharing user needs
- Strong skills in prototyping, prototyping tools, visual design and tools (Adobe XD)
- Strong skills in content modelling, IA and wireframing and associated tools
This is a fantastic opportunity for a vibrant and innovative digital designer looking to progress in their career within an experienced and positive company with a warm and familial like culture. To apply, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. To discuss the opportunity further, please contact Alice McGlaughlin on 0113 332 0678.
Dear Applicant, we thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We would like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application please feel free to contact us directly.
With regards to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, like all responsible businesses we are continuing to monitor the situation and to act in accordance with Government guidelines. Please note however, that we are still fully operational and are working very closely with our employer and candidate clients to ensure that resourcing and job sourcing requirements continue to be met. In the interests of health and safety, we will continue to carry out all forthcoming interviews with our candidates via video interview until further notice. If you have any questions or concerns whatsoever during this difficult time, please do not hesitate to contact us on our usual numbers. We are here to support you.