Customer Technical Support Engineer
- £17,500 pa
- Based in Nottingham
- Excellent Company Benefits + Fantastic Working Culture
Our client is a well-established, successful, and authorised provider/reseller of technology and managed IT solutions. It is an extremely forward-thinking organisation committed to investing in the business and its people to ensure it maintains its reputation as a market leader and provider within this very dynamic sector.
As an outcome of their continued success and due to recent internal promotions, we have been tasked with searching for someone who is passionate about delivering excellent customer service and has a strong interest in technology to join our client’s customer technical support team. Due to a healthy pipeline of future business, our client can offer the successful candidate job security and career progression within this very dynamic sector.
We are searching for someone who has a natural aptitude when it comes to identifying problems and troubleshooting technical issues, as your role will be to log all customer support queries and manage through to resolution/escalate where necessary. As you will be the first point of contact for customers to raise technical incident requests, it will be extremely important that the successful candidate can communicate well in all formats.
Our client is very committed to and actively encourages all colleagues to pursue personal development objectives which will be achieved by self-study. This will include keeping up to date with current technologies and undertaking any training that the organisation requires.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical support/advice and assisting customers/end users with an effective resolution to reported technical incidents whilst maintaining exceptional levels of customer service.
- Ensure all work complies with all Authorised Service Provider regulations, best practice, and industry standards.
- Updating internal CRM systems in accordance with the agreed service level time frames.
- Updating service management and sales teams on the progress of cases and resolutions via internal CRM/phone and email as required.
- Ensuring cases are resolved first time wherever possible and where appropriate escalate cases to appropriate internal and external resolver groups, managing them through to resolution.
- Handling unit returns (whether that be replacement/refund/repair) and escalating wherever necessary.
- Passing sales enquiries onto the appropriate teams.
- Ensuring that instructions are clear, concise, and carried through to completion when providing telephone/remote support.
- Setting clear customer expectations of resolution timescales, highlighting the next steps, and ensuring these are in line within the SLA.
Skills and Requirements
- 1-2 years’ experience in a customer facing role, ideally within an IT environment.
- Highly IT literate ideally with a strong knowledge of Apple devices.
- Excellent research, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills, allowing you to identify solutions in order to resolve customer issues in a timely manner.
- Have strong customer service skills, empathising with customers and approaching telephone conversations with a polite manner.
- Ticket management experience would be desirable but is not essential.
- The ability to prioritise own workload, and to multitask effectively.
- Be punctual and tenacious, whilst demonstrating perseverance and use of own initiative.
- Be able to work well under pressure, by using good time management techniques and working as part of a team.
- A computing/technical related degree or self-study certifications would be desirable but is not essential if you can demonstrate as strong interest in the IT field.
This is an exciting time to join a well-established yet growing organisation within the tech industry. Our successful candidates have provided 5* feedback on their experience of working for this business and if you would like to join a company who has a dynamic and progressive strategy for growth, please apply today by submitting your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Matt Pallister or Alice McGlaughlin directly on 0113 332 0678 / 07494 454 777.
Dear Applicant, we thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We would like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application please feel free to contact us directly.
With regards to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, like all responsible businesses we are continuing to monitor the situation and to act in accordance with Government guidelines. Please note however, that we are still fully operational and are working very closely with our employer and candidate clients to ensure that resourcing and job sourcing requirements continue to be met. In the interests of health and safety, we will continue to carry out all forthcoming interviews with our candidates via video interview until further notice. If you have any questions or concerns whatsoever during this difficult time, please do not hesitate to contact us on our usual numbers. We are here to support you.