This vacancy has been filled and is no longer available.
- Based in Leeds City Centre
- Up to £24,868 pa, dependant on experience
- Career Development and Progression
- 26 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
Our client is a dynamic and fast-growing payment solutions business who are leading the way in their field. They place a strong emphasis on the service they deliver to their customers and have built an excellent reputation of which they seek to continue building over the coming years. They have a clear vision for growth, and much of that will be determined by the candidates that they hire for their growing team.
We are searching for a Credit Controller to join the hardworking and supportive credit team of our client. The opportunity is ideal for anyone who is looking to kickstart or continue a progressive career in credit control. This role will require the suitable candidate to take responsibility and manage outstanding debt of the current accounts. This ensures that you will contact customers and collect or reduce any debt that has built up on the specific account. The opportunity is an exciting time for a driven candidate who enjoys managing a varied workload as part of a dynamic team.
Your key responsibilities will include…
- Performing all daily/weekly department tasks in a timely manner in order to ensure effective debt collection, and minimal risk to the business.
- Inputting and allocating payment details, ensuring a clean ledger is maintained at all times.
- Ensuring the very best customer experience on every call/email and logging customer communications to ensure consistency of service and experience.
- Credit checking & scoring new and existing accounts.
- Monitoring and managing credit exposure reports on a daily basis, in order to minimise risk.
- Processing accounts for further action if/when required and providing required information to our client’s legal providers.
- Contacting customers with regards to outstanding debt via telephone and email; ensuring timely payments and managing risk to the business.
- Achieving monthly targets & KPI’s.
- Providing assistance to the Credit Manager and carrying out other generic office duties including handling e-mails, monthly reporting, etc.
- Suggesting ideas where you feel improvements can be made to improve processes and increase efficiencies.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a consistent and methodical way of working, which follows processes and procedures correctly. You will be required to provide a high level of customer service, whilst working towards tight deadlines and demonstrating strong organisational and time management skills.
Your skills and experience will include…
- Ability to focus on accuracy and attention to detail whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, able to liaise with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- A strong dependable team player with a flexible approach to their work.
- Constantly strive to improve and streamline existing processes.
- Supporting the team and wider business by showing an innovative mindset.
- Highly resilient with strong organisational and time management skills; self-motivated to deliver to the highest standard.
- A commitment to continuing professional development.
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
It is an exciting time to join this innovative and forward-thinking organisation, and this really is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to begin or continue building a successful career as a Credit Controller. If you believe you are suitable, please apply today or contact Julian Williams directly on the number listed on our website.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.