3rd Line Engineer (Enterprise Managed Services)
- Up to £40,000 pa, dependent on experience
- Based in Nottingham
- Shift Patterns (7.5 hours within the hours of 8.30am and 6.00pm, Monday – Friday + on-call rota to include weekdays and weekends)
- Excellent Company Benefits
Our client is a well-established, successful, and authorised provider/reseller of enterprise technology and managed IT solutions. It is an extremely forward-thinking organisation committed to investing in the business and its people to ensure it maintains its reputation as a market leader and provider within this very dynamic sector. Integrity is at the core of what it does and has been a significant and contributing factor in their history of year-on-year growth. As an outcome of their continued success in spite of the current pandemic, we have been tasked with searching for a 3rd Line Engineer to support their Enterprise Managed Services customers.
We are looking for an experienced 3rd Line Engineer to join our client’s IT Support team. Your role will including handling incidents and requests escalated by the 2nd Line Team for Enterprise Managed Service clients, so a high standard of customer service is required at all times. Diagnosing faults and completing requests within contracted SLA’s will play a major part in this role, whilst also acting as a leading example to 1st and 2nd Line Engineers.
As the role is based in Nottingham, successful applicants must be able to offer flexibility and be willing to work according to operational requirements on site. There may also be some occasional travel to client sites. Our client is very committed to and actively encourages all colleagues to pursue personal development objectives which will be achieved by self-study. This will include keeping up to date with current technologies and undertaking any training that the organisation requires.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a final point of escalation for technical issues, researching or consulting on the issue until resolution.
- setting clear expectations of resolution timescales, highlighting the next steps, and ensuring these are in line within the SLA.
- Restoring service to customers efficiently whilst maintaining exemplary standards of communication that adhere to KCI (Keeping Customers Informed) principles.
- Maintaining accurate case notes, using appropriate templates, and reporting as necessary on technical issues.
- Creating technical updates and delivering appropriate coaching to members of the Service Desk team.
- Working alongside the departmental team to improve overall knowledge as well as contributing to improvement initiatives.
- Working with the interfacing teams in a collaborative approach to any problems encountered whilst maintaining a positive relationship.
- Maximising personal KPI’s and being commercially minded when scheduling and prioritising work.
- Ensuring permission is obtained before incurring costs for which the company is expected to provide reimbursement.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrable technical support experience of Microsoft OS products, and other Microsoft products including AD, Azure, 365.
- Capable of administering Microsoft Windows Active Directory/System Centre components.
- Have strong customer service skills, empathising with customers and approaching telephone conversations with a polite manner.
- Be experienced with case handling.
- Be punctual and tenacious, whilst demonstrating perseverance.
- Be able to work well under pressure, by using good time management techniques and working as part of a team.
- Take ownership of escalated cases and use own initiative to drive resolutions.
Certifications/Experience in the following:
- Microsoft O365
- Azure – Storage, networking, and administration
- InTune – config and support
- Networking – routing and switching
- Remote monitoring and management – Datto
- Sonicwall – config and support
- Windows Server – config and support
- Veeam backups
- Syncovery backups
Desirable but non-essential certifications:
- Jamf Certified Expert (Jamf 400)
- ITIL Foundation v3
This is an exciting time to join a well-established yet growing organisation within the technology industry. Our successful candidates have provided 5* feedback on their experience of working for this business and if you would like to join a company who has a dynamic and progressive strategy for growth, please apply today by submitting your CV to email@example.com. Alternatively, to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Alice McGlaughlin directly on 07494 454 777 or Matt Pallister on 07943 710 160.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application please feel free to contact us directly.
With regards to the ongoing Coronavirus (Covid-19) situation, like all responsible businesses we are continuing to monitor the situation and to act in accordance with Government guidelines. Please note that whilst we are having to adapt our services, we continue to work closely with our employer and candidate clients to ensure that resourcing and job sourcing requirements continue to be met in line with our strict professional standards. In the interests of health and safety, we will continue to carry out all forthcoming interviews with our candidates via video interview until further notice.