This vacancy has been filled and is no longer available.
1st Line IT Support Service Desk Engineer
- £22,000 – £25,000pa DOE
- Free on-site parking/ WorkBYTRAM discounted travel scheme
- 26 days holiday + holidays
- Excellent Benefits
We are searching for candidates to join our client’s Managed Services department as a 1st Line Service Desk Engineer. You will be responsible for handling any incidents via telephone, email, and ServiceNow case logging, diagnosing faults and completing requests within contracted SLA’s, whilst maintaining a high standard of customer service.
Our client is very committed to and actively encourages all colleagues to pursue personal and professional development objectives which will be achieved through self-study. This will include keeping up to date with current technologies and undertaking any training that the organisation requires.
- Assisting clients with an effective resolution to reported technical incidents.
- Setting clear expectations of resolution timescales, highlighting the next steps, and ensuring these are in line within the SLA.
- Restoring service to customers efficiently whilst maintaining exemplary standards of communication that adhere to the company principles.
- Maintaining accurate case notes, using appropriate templates.
- Providing advice and guidance to customers, keeping to the highest standard of customer service.
- Escalating incidents and requests to the appropriate internal or external teams ensuring the process is managed through to resolution.
- Working alongside the departmental team to improve overall knowledge as well as contributing to improvement initiatives.
- Working with the interfacing teams in a collaborative approach to any problems encountered whilst maintain a positive relationship.
- Maximising personal KPI’s.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree qualified in a computer/technology hardware focussed subject, with customer service employment experience OR experience in a similar 1st Line Managed Services team is essential.
- Have strong customer service skills, empathising with customers and approaching telephone conversations with a polite manner.
- Experience with using a ticketing system to log cases is desired (ServiceNow, etc).
- An understanding of ITIL Framework is desired.
- The ability to prioritise own workload, and to multitask effectively.
- A sound understanding of computer hardware and technology products, operating systems and browsers, and troubleshooting skills.
- Be punctual and tenacious, whilst demonstrating perseverance and use of own initiative.
- Be able to work well under pressure, by using good time management techniques and working as part of a team.
Our client is an award-winning provider/reseller of technology and managed IT services, offering end-to-end business solutions to clients of all sizes. It is an extremely forward-thinking organisation committed to investing in the business and its employees to ensure it maintains its reputation as a market leader, within the industry.
This is an exciting time to join a well-established yet growing organisation within the technology industry. Our successful candidates have provided 5* feedback on their experience of working for this business and if you would like to join a company who has a dynamic and progressive strategy for growth, please apply today by submitting your CV.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.