This vacancy has been filled and is no longer available.
- £18,000-£21,000 DOE
- Based in Nottingham
- Excellent Company Benefits
Our client is a well-established, successful, and authorised provider/reseller of enterprise technology and managed IT solutions. It is an extremely forward-thinking organisation committed to investing in the business and its people to ensure it maintains its reputation as a market leader and provider within this very dynamic sector. Integrity is at the core of what it does and has been a significant and contributing factor in their history of year-on-year growth.
As an outcome of their continued success, the business’s headcount has grown significantly over the last few years and now has a requirement for a 1st Line Internal IT Support Engineer to join their internal IT service desk, responsible for providing support to internal colleagues.
Diagnosing faults and completing requests within SLA’s will play a major part in this role. You will be responsible for handling technical incidents via telephone, email, and ITSM case logging, so a high standard of customer service is required at all times.
As the position is based in Nottingham, successful applicants must be able to offer flexibility and be willing to work according to operational requirements on site. Our client is very committed to and actively encourages all colleagues to pursue personal development objectives which will be achieved by self-study. This will include keeping up to date with current technologies and undertaking any training that the organisation requires.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing an effective, professional response to reported incidents and requests.
- Ensuring that incidents and requests are responded to within set SLA’s and setting clear expectations of resolution timescales, detailing next steps and timelines.
- Restoring service to customers (internal colleagues) as quickly as possible.
- Ensuring excellent standards of communication with the customer (internal colleagues), adhering to KCI (Keeping Customers Informed) principles.
- Maintaining accurate incident notes and utilising appropriate templates.
- Providing general advice and guidance to customers.
- Escalating incidents and requests where required to appropriate internal or external parties, managing/working with them through to resolution.
- Working alongside the departmental team to improve overall knowledge as well as contributing to improvement initiatives.
- Maximising personal KPIs and Call & Case quality assessment results.
- Maintaining relationships with interfacing teams using a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Have exceptional customer service skills, able to empathise with customers and approaching telephone conversations with a polite manner.
- Highly IT literate (Exposure to and knowledge of Mac Operating Systems, Office365, Active Directory, etc.)
- Excellent research, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills, allowing you to identify solutions in order to resolve customer issues in a timely manner with strong attention to detail.
- The ability to prioritise your own workload, and to multitask effectively.
- Punctual and tenacious, whilst demonstrating perseverance and use of own initiative.
- Be able to work well under pressure, by using good time management techniques and working as part of a team.
- A willingness to keep up to date and learn about new technologies.
- Ticket management experience would be desirable.
- A computing/technical related degree would be desirable.
- Jamf/other MDM experience would be desirable but is not essential as this can be taught.
This is an exciting time to join a well-established yet growing organisation within the tech industry. Our successful candidates have provided 5* feedback on their experience of working for this business and if you would like to join a company who has a dynamic and progressive strategy for growth, please apply today. Alternatively, to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Alice McGlaughlin on the number listed on our website.