This vacancy has been filled and is no longer available.
Service Desk Manager
- £40,000 pa, dependent on experience
- Based in Nottingham
- Excellent Company Benefits
Our client is a well-established, successful, and authorised provider/reseller of enterprise technology and managed IT solutions. It is an extremely forward-thinking organisation committed to investing in the business and its people to ensure it maintains its reputation as a market leader and provider within this very dynamic sector. Integrity is at the core of what it does and has been a significant and contributing factor in their history of year-on-year growth. As an outcome of their continued success and a significant pipeline of work, we have an opportunity for a Service Desk Manager to join and lead their established Service Desk team to support their growing client base.
We are searching for an experienced Service Desk Manager to join our Client’s Managed Service IT Support team. Reporting into the Head of Managed Services and managing your own team, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the successful delivery of all contracted services for the respective teams. You will be required to ensure that a high standard of customer service and satisfaction is always adhered to. You will work collaboratively with other managers and departments to ensure that there is a holistic approach to the end-to-end service that is received by clients whilst always striving for improvements.
Our client is very committed to, and actively encourages all colleagues to pursue personal development objectives which will be achieved by self-study. This will include keeping up to date with current technologies and undertaking any training that the organisation requires.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for the service delivered in alignment with contracted services.
- Oversee day-to-day fulfilment of all Service Requests, Incidents, Monitoring and completion of daily task within SLA.
- Proactively managing Incidents due to breach SLA, or have potential to cause significant customer facing impact or business impact.
- Review daily priorities and take appropriate action to ensure results are achieved.
- Leading and developing your team of Service Desk Engineers and ensuring customer service is at the forefront of all activity.
- Monitoring team performance and reporting on metrics that tie in with team and individual targets and objectives.
- Motivating team members and setting clear team and individual goals.
- Identifying knowledge gaps and providing coaching or training courses as and when needed.
- Conducting regular performance reviews that are recorded and documented whilst recognising exceptional performance and rewarding appropriately.
- Identifying improvements to IT services, tools and processes used within Managed Services.
- Taking ownership of escalations and complaints, undertaking full root cause analysis, and providing necessary actions.
- Encouraging open communication between team members, suggesting, and driving forward ideas on how to work more effectively.
- Management of team shifts and rota to ensure full resource coverage and continuity of service.
- Ensuring that your team is operationally ready for transitioned services, including the delivery of training and familiarisation across the team.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Strong demonstrable experience of managing/leading an IT service team.
- In-depth knowledge of performance metrics.
- Excellent communication and proven leadership abilities.
- Confident in communicating with management, customers, and colleague alike, whilst being diplomatic and customer focused.
- Able to demonstrate innovation by suggesting ways of improving customer satisfaction and generating additional business.
- Able to work well under pressure with an ability to multi-task, by using good time management techniques.
- Maintaining an accurate diary, utilising communication equipment, and remaining as accessible as possible throughout the working day.
- Be punctual and tenacious, whilst demonstrating perseverance.
- Be experienced with ServiceNow case handling.
- Have strong customer service skills, empathising with customers and approaching telephone conversations with a polite manner.
This is an exciting time to join a well-established yet growing organisation within the technology industry. Our successful candidates have provided 5* feedback on their experience of working for this business and if you would like to join a company who has a dynamic and progressive strategy for growth, please apply today. Alternatively, to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Jonny McPartland or Alice McGlaughlin on 07375675049 / 01133320678.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.