Service Delivery Manager (ITIL Certified)
- Based in Nottingham
- £45,000 – £50,000 pa, dependent on experience
- Car Allowance + Excellent Company Benefits
Our client is a well-established, successful, and authorised provider/reseller of enterprise technology and managed IT solutions. It is an extremely forward-thinking organisation committed to investing in the business and its people to ensure it maintains its reputation as a market leader and provider within this very dynamic sector. Integrity is at the core of what it does and has been a significant and contributing factor in their history of year-on-year growth. In the last 6 months alone, the business has grown its workforce by approximately 15% which is an extremely encouraging figure for anyone who is seeking a role which will offer job security and career progression.
Due to a recent internal promotion, we have been tasked with searching for a Service Delivery Manager who will be responsible for the operational and financial success of the services delivered to some of our client’s largest enterprise customers. As a proactive and forward-thinking SDM, you will play a critical role in the growth of our client’s revenue by recognising opportunities and translating that back to the relevant sales team.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Building and managing strong and productive relationships with key stakeholders in order to gain a full understanding of your customers business & technical environment, and proactively aligning our client’s resources to ensure the most efficient delivery model
- Preparing regular Service Reports incorporating appropriate KPI’s to show performance of the services provided against the terms of the contracts
- Running regular Service and Operational Review Meetings, focusing on performance against contract, service improvement initiatives and opportunities to develop customer relationships
- Collaborating with the internal service, operational and project teams to understand trends, challenges, and improvement opportunities, driving action plans for mitigation and improvement execution
- Producing, agreeing, and implementing Service Improvement Plans
- Ensuring that you have an up-to-date register of risks, both commercial and operational, and that you have mitigation action plans in place to address each risk identified
- Understanding the resources and costs required, and utilised, in the delivery of contracts and driving improvement programmes to ensure service expectations are met and then improved upon
- Understanding the detail of all aspects of the contracts, ensuring a thorough understanding of our client’s obligations, and that these are delivered against
- Addressing with customers those aspects of the contracts that cannot be delivered, and progressing contract change controls with the support and agreement of senior management
- Managing and maintaining an accurate record of charges, costs, and billed activity in line with our client’s guidelines
- Ensuring that all elements of services that are to be delivered via partners are covered by contracted terms that are at least equal to our client’s contracted deliverables and that the partner is managed appropriately to ensure their obligations are met
- Acting as a point of management escalation for customer issues & complaints, and the first point of reference for penalty claims by managing these to a resolution
- Supporting sales and bid management in the sales cycle and in re-negotiation of contracts
- Supporting pre-sales activity on new services & solutions ensuring alignment to existing services
Our ideal candidate will be someone who has gained demonstrable experience in an external client facing role where they have dealt with key stakeholders within enterprise organisations in order to successfully deliver IT services. You will be searching for a new challenge within a supportive business where you can make a significant contribution to their future growth.
Key Skills & Qualities for success
- ITIL Foundation v3 Minimum is essential
- Exceptional relationship skills, able to communicate with Senior Management and Director level
- Strong collaborative working capability to ensure all teams deliver to their full potential
- Continuous improvement ethic – able to identify, drive and implement service improvements
- Strong reporting and analytical skills
- Excellent commercial awareness
- The ability to plan, run and manage effective meetings at all levels
- Ability to understand legal contracts
- Ability to use internal systems in relation to the role
- A clear understanding of the technologies and solutions within our client’s portfolio
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Salesforce knowledge
This is an exciting time to join an award winning and growing organisation within the technology industry. And, as a result of its well-known commitment to its people can offer the successful candidate job security and future career opportunities. Our successful candidates have provided 5* feedback on their experience of working for this business and if you would like to join a company who has a dynamic and progressive strategy for growth, please apply today by submitting your CV to email@example.com. Alternatively, to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Matt Pallister directly on 07943 710 160 / 0113 332 0678.
Dear Applicant, we thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We would like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application please feel free to contact us directly.
With regards to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, like all responsible businesses we are continuing to monitor the situation and to act in accordance with Government guidelines. Please note however, that we are still fully operational and are working very closely with our employer and candidate clients to ensure that resourcing and job sourcing requirements continue to be met. In the interests of health and safety, we will continue to carry out all forthcoming interviews with our candidates via video interview until further notice. If you have any questions or concerns whatsoever during this difficult time, please do not hesitate to contact us on our usual numbers. We are here to support you.