Contact Jonny about this role
Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Hybrid Working Available
- Up to £70,000 pa, Dependent on Experience
- Annual Bonus
- Additional Company Benefits
Our client is a highly respected, and well-established quantity surveying consultancy. They are chartered quantity surveyors, project managers and health & safety (CDM) consultants who have developed excellent relationships with national and international clients, in both the public and private sectors. These relationships cover healthcare, education, leisure, commercial and residential projects, and their dedication to providing an exemplary service to their clients has led to their continued success. As such, we have now been tasked with searching for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and qualified Quantity Surveyor to join an established consultancy. As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, the successful candidate will be responsible for taking the lead on assessing and managing the full commerciality of projects for a variety of clients. You will provide valued insight into the profitability and risks associated with existing and future client projects, whilst ensuring that these are reported on agreed stages until completion.
Through your experience, you will be comfortable in managing and developing a portfolio of clients and as such, you will be someone who can develop and nurture solid working relationships with external stakeholders. You will be highly experienced in defining client requirements and thereafter tender preparations and subsequent negotiations. You will have demonstrable evidence of being able to ensure that the projects achieve your clients commercial and contractual objectives.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Taking the lead on assessing and managing the commerciality of projects on behalf of your clients.
- Managing and developing a portfolio of clients, ensuring projects are delivered within budget and to the highest of standards.
- Establishing client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies to ensure their proposals will be successful.
- Preparing and analysing project costings for tenders, such as materials, quantities, labour, and time.
- Preparing tender and contract documents; negotiating contracts and work schedules.
- Providing cost analysis, advice, and reports to clients throughout the project lifecycle.
- Calculating material quantities and costs, labour costs and delivering achievable project timeframes.
- All other Quantity Surveying requirements that align with ongoing projects.
- Mentoring of junior and assistant Quantity Surveyors.
CANDIDATE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- A background in construction; solid understanding of tender processes.
- MRICS Qualified.
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of contract law.
- The ability to manage a changing workload and a history of success delivering multiple projects.
- Highly organised with the ability to proactively manage your time and workload.
- Strong levels of written and verbal communication and the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop constructive working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Valid UK driving licence and access to own vehicle.
If you are a Quantity Surveyor who is looking to take the next step in your career and work with a consultancy who will provide with the tools and support to succeed, then please get in touch. Apply today by submitting your CV to email@example.com. Alternatively, to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Jonny McPartland directly on 07375 675 049 / 0113 332 0678.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant; if your application is shortlisted then you will be contacted via telephone in the first instance. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, we endeavour to consider all applicants for future opportunities; should you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please contact us directly.