This vacancy has been filled and is no longer available.
SaaS Business Development Manager (Commercial Fleet Industry)
- Midlands – Home/Field Based
- £30,000 – £35,000 pa (DOE) + uncapped commission (OTE year 1 £40 – 50K, year 2 £60 – £65k)
- Generous car allowance
- 25 days holiday + additional benefits
Our client is a recognised market leader in the development of scalable software for the commercial fleet industry, making it one of the most respected and fastest growing companies in the UK. It provides innovative/solution driven software (SaaS) to some of the biggest names in this highly regulated industry sector, and as a result of year on year growth there is now a need to increase its already successful sales team on a national basis. The products not only make sense, but as the sector becomes more and more regulated this market will grow, so now is a great time to join a company with significantly more potential. As part of a Fortune 500 company, our client gives the opportunity to be part of a global business with genuine opportunity of career development.
We are working closely with the Sales Manager who is highly invested in not only the company but his team. Whilst he and the rest of the senior management team are very much involved in providing direction and mentorship, they do not believe in a culture of micromanagement. The Sales Manager actively encourages the BDM’s to invest personally in the development of their territory and where possible to work collaboratively with colleagues to maximise opportunities which will benefit the business as a whole.
Based on existing solution sales experience, our ideal candidate will already understand the needs of existing and potential end-users for the products, and whilst you will be provided with leads and appointments from the internal sales team, there is an expectation that you will create opportunities independently. You will be able to propose a solution effectively through consultative selling. Understanding the prospect’s needs and delivering a tailored solution to overcome the challenges.
We are ideally searching for someone with exposure to the commercial fleet industry, however if you have gained SaaS sales experience within a dynamic market, the product and industry knowledge can be taught. This will allow you to drive your sales activity and ensure that you target commercial businesses who will benefit substantially from a suite of products that can be adapted and supported by our client’s internal developers and support teams.
The candidate should be comfortable dealing with stakeholders ranging from front-line operational staff, up to and including CEOs of multinational blue-chip organisations.
We would like to speak to people who:
- Have 2+ years of proven and relevant SaaS sales experience, ideally within the commercial fleet industry (preferably fleet management, dealer, telematics or tachograph system providers)
- Have strong knowledge of the commercial vehicle industry (preferable)
- Are experienced at successfully negotiating complex sales transactions and are able to proactively develop a business pipeline and drive sales activity
- Have strong negotiation, organisational, presentation and financial acumen skills
- Have gained experience selling a solution service
- Have demonstrable sales experience and are able to provide evidence of success and achievement in their career to date
- Have outstanding communication skills, both verbally and written
- Have a confident, enthusiastic and friendly personality, with a forward-thinking and innovative attitude
- Have a full clean driving licence
If you are interested and have the relevant experience, please apply today by submitting your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Matt Pallister directly on 07943 710 160 / 0113 332 0678.