This vacancy has been filled and is no longer available.
Junior UX Designer
- Based in Sheffield
- Up to £25,000 pa, dependent on experience
- Company Benefits
Our client is a recognised market leader in the development of scalable software (SaaS) for the fleet industry, making it one of the most respected and fastest growing companies in the UK. It provides innovative/solution driven software to some of the biggest names in this highly regulated industry sector, and as a result of a robust strategy for growth, can now offer an interesting opportunity for a Junior UX Designer to join their enthusiastic, enterprising and experienced team.
We are searching for a Junior UX Designer who will be directly involved in the design and delivery of software applications and features that align with core business vision and customer requirements. Working with the wider product development team, the successful candidate will build and develop the product roadmap in line with business strategy and customer demand. You will be required to utilise a range of specialist software tools to create workflows, specifications and storyboard that clearly and concisely set out features that are useable, easy to navigate and aesthetically appealing and engaging. It is vital that you possess excellent communication skills to be able to engage directly with users to understand how they utilise platforms within their own environment and business context. You will be passionate about creating innovative and engaging experiences to solve real problems and drive efficiency and you will be committed to your own personal development.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking multiple approaches to turn the business vision and customer requirements into workable and clearly set out product development specifications.
- Proposing and sketching a range of visual concepts both on paper and using various software applications.
- Creating user personas, user journeys, site maps and storyboards.
- Creating lo- and hi-fi wireframes and prototypes using specialist tools such as Axure, InVision, Marvel, OmniGraffle and Sketch, as well as the full Adobe Suite.
- Facilitating Business Alignment, Ideation and Planning Workshops to drive engagement in product development.
- Collaborating with development teams to redesign and create mobile apps and websites that are responsive, easy to use and appropriately configured.
- Conducting user research and analysing user feedback and activity to enhance overall user experience.
- Regularly liaising and collaborating with clients to ensure that designs meet requirements and core business objectives.
- Conducting usability testing with real users to ensure the end-product design provided optimum efficiency, effectiveness and engagement.
Our ideal candidate will have ideally gained demonstrable UX Design experience, either through employment experience or a university placement. You will prefer an evolving technological working environment and will have solid problem-solving abilities. As you will be working with a wide spectrum of users from multiple backgrounds and organisations, you will be able to communicate effectively and build rapport with stakeholders at multiple levels.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Exceptional communication skills in both written and verbal formats with a focus on fine detail.
- Ability to effectively liaise with team members and clients to ensure that high-quality end-user designs meet requirements.
- Highly creative, innovative, and literate, with the ability to produce quality specifications, workflows, and communications.
- Design and spatial skills to gauge the usability of a feature or application.
- An open, flexible, and adaptable mind-set to cope with a rapidly changing set of tasks in an area of emerging, new technologies.
- Good time management skills, ensuring that deadlines are met and not impacted by changing priorities.
- Self-motivated and results oriented, someone who thrives working in a fast-paced environment.
- A high level of concentration and resilience to stay focused on a project to the end and meet client deadlines.
- A willingness to learn specialist programmes and keep up to date with software applications & new technologies.
- Innovative and creative, with a concise and effective approach to problem-solving.
- An aptitude for using a logical, step-by-step approach to ensure designs are user friendly and simple for end users.
This is a solid opportunity to join a company which is firmly committed to its people. Furthermore, this is a business that has a clear plan for the future and recognises and rewards based on personal and team success. If you are interested and have the required skill sets and experience, please apply today by submitting you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you would like to learn more about this role, please contact Jonny McPartland on the 07375 675 049.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.