IT Service Desk Engineer (24/7)
- £25,000 – £30,000 pa, dependent on experience
- Based in Nottingham
- Shift Patterns (24/7)
Our client is a well-established, successful, and authorised provider/reseller of enterprise technology and managed IT solutions. It is an extremely forward-thinking organisation committed to investing in the business and its people to ensure it maintains its reputation as a market leader and provider within this very dynamic sector. Integrity is at the core of what it does and has been a significant and contributing factor in their history of year on year growth.
As an outcome of their continued success, we have been tasked with searching for an IT Service Desk Engineer who will form part of their 24/7 Managed IT Support team. Due to recent contract awards and a healthy pipeline of future business, our client can offer the successful candidate job security within this very dynamic sector.
We are searching for someone to support our client’s Managed Services department where a major part of this role will include diagnosing faults and completing requests within contracted SLA’s. You will be responsible for handling any incidents via telephone, email, and ServiceNow case logging, so a high standard of customer service will be required at all times.
This is a relatively new 24-hour service, and therefore the shift pattern will evolve over time. As it is based in Nottingham successful applicants must be able to offer flexibility and be willing to work according to operational requirements on site. There may also be some occasional travel to client sites. Our client is very committed to and actively encourages all colleagues to pursue personal and professional development objectives which will be achieved through self-study. This will include keeping up to date with current technologies and undertaking any training that the organisation requires.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting clients with an effective resolution to reported technical incidents.
- Setting clear expectations of resolution timescales, highlighting the next steps, and ensuring these are in line within the SLA.
- Restoring service to customers efficiently whilst maintaining exemplary standards of communication that adhere to KCI (Keeping Customers Informed) principles.
- Maintaining accurate case notes, using appropriate templates.
- Providing advice and guidance to customers, keeping to the highest standard of customer service.
- Escalating incidents and requests to the appropriate internal or external teams ensuring the process is managed through to resolution.
- Working alongside the departmental team to improve overall knowledge as well as contributing to improvement initiatives.
- Working with the interfacing teams in a collaborative approach to any problems encountered whilst maintain a positive relationship.
- Maximising personal KPI’s.
Skills and Requirements
- Have strong customer service skills, empathising with customers and approaching telephone conversations with a polite manner.
- Be experienced with ServiceNow Case handling.
- The ability to prioritise own workload, and to multitask effectively.
- A sound understanding of various operating systems and browsers, including troubleshooting skills.
- Be punctual and tenacious, whilst demonstrating perseverance and use of own initiative.
- Be able to work well under pressure, by using good time management techniques and working as part of a team.
This is an exciting time to join a well-established yet growing organisation within the technology industry. Our successful candidates have provided 5* feedback on their experience of working for this business and if you would like to join a company who has a dynamic and progressive strategy for growth, please apply today by submitting your CV to email@example.com. Alternatively, to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Matt Pallister directly on 07943 710 160.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.
With regards to the ongoing Coronavirus (Covid-19) situation, like all responsible businesses we are continuing to monitor the situation and to act in accordance with Government guidelines. Please note that whilst we are having to adapt our services, we continue to work closely with our employer and candidate clients to ensure that resourcing and job sourcing requirements continue to be met in line with our strict professional standards. In the interests of health and safety, we will continue to carry out all forthcoming interviews with our candidates via video interview until further notice.