This vacancy has been filled and is no longer available.
Head of Finance
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Up to £60,000 pa, dependent on experience
- Excellent Benefits
OUR CLIENT AND THE OPPORTUNITY
Our client is a dynamic and fast-growing payment solutions business who are leading the way in their field. They place a strong emphasis on the service they deliver to their customers and have built an excellent reputation of which they seek to continue building over the coming years. They have a clear vision for growth, with the development and introduction of new value-added services and now seek to appoint a talented finance manager who will lead a small finance department to deliver the groups reporting agenda.
We are searching for a qualified accountant with strong technical, analytical and reporting ability to join this innovative and forward-thinking organisation. Reporting into the Finance Director, our ideal candidate will have gained practical post qualification experience and will be used to managing a financial environment, including the preparation of and monitoring against financial plans.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the effective operation and development of financial systems and procedures. This will include the analysis of financial performance, cash flow and ensuring that financial records and supporting documentation is maintained and processed according to company/regulatory guidelines. Because our client forms part of a wider group, there will also be significant internal reporting requirements with some challenging deadlines. You will have proven leadership capability to support not just your immediate team but the organisation as a whole.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to mentor and motivate a small finance team
- Practical experience of management accounting, cost analysis, planning and budgeting, financial accounting and the preparation of statutory accounts
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to influence and guide a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong critical thinking and financial acumen to support the long-term strategic goals and interests of the organisation
- Accurate and strong attention to detail with an investigative nature
- Self-motivated to deliver to the highest standard with a proactive, can do attitude
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities
- Understanding of relevant finance regulations and legislation
- Highly resilient with strong organisational and time management skills
- Able to give and receive feedback in an honest and open manner
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (knowledge of Oracle would be an advantage)
This role would be ideal for someone who has 2-3+ years post qualification experience and is now ready to step into a head of department role. If you have the required skills and experience, please apply today by submitting your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or for more information regarding the role and our client, please contact Janet McGlaughlin directly on 0113 332 0678.