Head of Digital Marketing
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Up to £55,000, negotiable dependent on experience
- Excellent Benefits
OUR CLIENT AND THE OPPORTUNITY
Our client is part of a global payment solutions organisation operating independently from its UK base in Leeds. Its remarkable growth and year on year increased share in this very dynamic marketplace can be clearly attributed to its ongoing commitment to making the customer journey both transparent and simple. Even after what has been a challenging 12 months for most organisations, this business has increased profits by a significant margin, and it is well placed to continue on that upward trajectory in the future.
To support growth, the strategy for customer acquisition is to introduce a Head of Digital Marketing who will report into and work closely with the Sales Director and with a large budget. The successful candidate will be responsible for the entire online digital landscape of the business, including the websites, social media, relationships with lead brokers and the online application journey of new business. Whilst it is already a market leading brand, the role is designed to help further accelerate the company’s growth with a vision of being market leading inside the next 5 years.
The Head of Digital Marketing will be responsible for generating quality qualified leads through:
- Leadership of the marketing function i.e., SEM, paid social through LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, etc., including allocation of budget, development of approach and optimisation of spend.
- Specification and distribution of content to improve and maintain organic search engine ranking for keywords.
- Marketing automation by building a customer management capability, automated and triggered communications and removing friction from the buying process through the application of appropriate technology.
- Additional opportunities lie in the optimisation of cross-selling, incremental sales, and consumer loyalty.
- Planning and executing all online campaigns, including PPC, Social, Lead Brokers, SEO, Display and Email.
- Adapt campaigns to identify the highest value targets and segments.
- Managing partners and suppliers to ensure all money spent is done so effectively.
- A clear strategy on how to increase the company’s social media.
- Create and own a full cradle to grave reporting package so that the business can better develop its decision-making process and develop a strong analytical culture within digital marketing.
- Measure and report on all digital marketing campaigns both internally and ensuring the needs of the holding group’s digital team are met (or Measurement, analysis, and optimisation of the marketing department’s effectiveness to guide the company’s commercial efforts).
- Create a culture of data led decision making in all areas of the business.
- Working with the Head of Sales to ensure optimisation of all sales funnels and continually look to improve all conversion rates.
- Own the annual digital marketing plan. Strategically identifying requirements and opportunities to help the business achieve its ambitious ‘Next Frontier’ 3-year plan.
- Champion the digital customer experience within the business – always ensuring that there is a continuous evolution of digital tools.
- The product owner of our online automation tools, including online subscription and online apps.
- Consider ways to lead existing customer cross-sell opportunities through digital channels.
How you will be measured:
- Effective cost controls of the digital budget.
- Volume and margin from new customers through digital channels.
- CPA at pre-determined levels.
- Total new lead generation.
- Prospect conversion rate.
To succeed in this role there are a number of sought-after core skills & levels of experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a digital marketing environment, with a focus on new business acquisition.
- Managed £500k+ media budgets.
- Ability to work with both internal stakeholders and external partners.
- High attention to detail and accuracy with strong analytical skills.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Innovative: a thinker able to implement creative ideas with a proven track record in delivering improvements in customer journeys and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Customer-centric: the ability to understand and support the prospect in their buying decision.
- Analytical: able to draw insight from raw information and develop / present accurate ROI proposal to the business’s executive team.
- Marketing Technology: a working knowledge of all key elements of the marketing tech stack with recent hands-on experience of building out digital marketing infrastructures.
If you have the required skills and experience, please apply today by submitting your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please get in touch with Matt Pallister directly on 07943 710 160.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application please feel free to contact us directly.
With regards to the ongoing Coronavirus (Covid-19) situation, like all responsible businesses we are continuing to monitor the situation and to act in accordance with Government guidelines. Please note that whilst we are having to adapt our services, we continue to work closely with our employer and candidate clients to ensure that resourcing and job sourcing requirements continue to be met in line with our strict professional standards. In the interests of health and safety, we will continue to carry out all forthcoming interviews with our candidates via video interview until further notice.