Financial Data Analyst
- Based in Leeds
- £50,000 – £55,000 pa, negotiable dependent on experience
- Excellent Benefits
We would describe this business as a truly dynamic and progressive organisation which has, even during one of the worst periods of our modern times, continued to focus on the future of its business. Digital innovation, strong reporting and compliance processes, a robust customer attraction and retention strategy together with a firm commitment to its workforce are just some of factors which makes this an ideal job opportunity for someone who is prepared to invest their financial analytical skills and experience in order to deliver the groups budget and reporting agenda.
We are searching for a Financial Data Analyst with strong technical, analytical, and reporting ability. Our ideal candidate will have gained post qualification experience or will be qualified through experience in a similar role and will appreciate the importance of financial data and the impact this can have on a business. You will love working with spreadsheets and will be focused on the finer details when it comes to pulling together analysis from what can be at times quite complex data.
You will be responsible for leading the financial analysis on a daily basis by ensuring that the business receives multiple insightful and accurate financial reports that meet strict deadlines. You will play a key role in preparing, monitoring, and delivering business plans through your analysis, delivery of insights, change recommendations and scrutiny of cost control. Supporting the Executive Team in interpreting and understanding data insights, this will then be used to drive forward business decision making, efficiencies and new opportunities.
You will report directly to the Finance Director and will:
- Produce accurate weekly & monthly financial reports to tight deadlines, including the reconciliations necessary to support the monthly management accounts.
- Review and analyse business area performance against financial plans, providing insights and reporting variances to senior stakeholders and the wider finance team.
- Monthly production of the business performance review and board pack.
- Support the Executive team to produce the annual strategic plan, budget and quarterly re-forecasts including commentary.
- Support the production of commercially viable business cases to deliver the strategic initiatives.
- Lead revenue/margin/contribution reporting and explanation of performance against budget, prior performance, and market conditions.
- Highlight future risks and opportunities by reforecasting the in-year expected results.
- Use internal and external information to extrapolate future performance based on scenario planning.
- Undertake business analytics, including performance and productivity baselining, demand analysis, impact and feasibility analysis, scenario modelling, activity-based costings, and benefits tracking.
- Support finance projects as required including supporting new products and services, embracing digital opportunities, seeking operational efficiencies.
- Encouraging and recommending means of continuous improvement in data, systems and information feeding ideas into BI and finance teams.
- Management and modelling of cash flow availability including the development of scenario testing.
- Participate in the re-evaluation of the finance systems and procedures to make the finance function more effective and efficient with emphasis on the introduction of automated financial processes.
- Conduct financial risk assessments, including identifying solutions to mitigate risk, contingency plans, and regular monitoring.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- CIMA qualified would be advantageous but we will also consider ACCA/ACA qualified or qualified through experience.
- Batchelors Degree ideally in Business, Mathematics/Finance.
- Exceptional analytical skills, with a track record of identifying issues and delivering solutions.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office skills. Experience with a BI tool and knowledge of Oracle would be an advantage.
- A self-starter with the ability to work both individually and as part of a team whilst building strong working relationships.
- Able to act with commercial aptitude, sound judgement and professional integrity.
- Highly resilient with strong organisational and time management skills; self-motivated to deliver to the highest standard within challenging deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and guide a range of stakeholders and colleagues, providing constructive, data-based challenge to the status quo.
- Accurate, strong attention to detail and an investigative nature.
- Problem solving and tenacious, with a can-do attitude.
- A good understanding of how business functions operate to help you interpret a request and to ensure correct understanding of what is required.
- Looking for continuous improvement, able to give and receive feedback in an honest and open manner.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting terms and concepts.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive and forward-thinking organisation. Please apply today by submitting your CV to email@example.com, or for further information regarding the role and our client, please contact Matt Pallister directly on 07943 710 160 / 0113 332 0678 for a confidential chat.
Dear Applicant, we thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We would like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application please feel free to contact us directly.
With regards to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, like all responsible businesses we are continuing to monitor the situation and to act in accordance with Government guidelines. Please note however, that we are still fully operational and are working very closely with our employer and candidate clients to ensure that resourcing and job sourcing requirements continue to be met. In the interests of health and safety, we will continue to carry out all forthcoming interviews with our candidates via video interview until further notice. If you have any questions or concerns whatsoever during this difficult time, please do not hesitate to contact us on our usual numbers. We are here to support you.