Finance Business Partner
Salary – £60000 (Neg dependent on experience)
Location – Carlisle
Excellent Group Benefits
25 days annual leave and Statutory holidays
Our Client & The Opportunity
Is one of the country’s leading wholesale suppliers and a designer/importer of high-quality architectural door hardware and furniture. Following a successful acquisition, the company has not only continued to maintain its standing but has increased its market share, and now requires the support of an experienced, proactive, and commercially focused Finance Business Partner. This is a newly created position and will attract an individual who will deliver high quality financial advice within local operations and will proactively provide comprehensive support and innovative advice to all levels of management. Whilst you will be part of the groups wider finance team you will work with a degree of autonomy and manage aspects of the day-to-day finances including financial control, cost assurance, and provide analysis and planning.
Our ideal candidate
Will be fully qualified CCAB or CIMA with evidence of continuing professional development and will have experience in the application of financial management and financial frameworks – preferably in manufacturing and distribution through a full financial cycle. You will also have a creative approach to problem solving and improving practices, whilst having the ability to meet strict deadlines with minimal supervision with a keen focus on maintaining and developing customer experience and retention.
- Act as a business partner to the Commercial Director and operational heads to provide insight, influence, and support business decision making. Also establishing strong relationship with the Operations leadership team, linking key performance metrics with financial impacts and working collaboratively to provide value adding outputs
- Delivery of month end accounts and production of timely analytical reports providing actionable, commercially relevant insights.
- Provide clear recommendations on the balance of profitability and customer service quality.
- Providing financial support for strategic and tactical commercial decisions, challenging assumptions, and providing commercial appraisal, ‘what-if’ financial modelling and other ad-hoc financial requests.
- Deliver effective internal controls over all financial systems which comply with financial control standards and best practice.
- Lead initiatives to drive operational improvements within the business.
- Assist in the development of new business cases and deliver strategic insight into new business opportunities and investment appraisal.
- Assist the business with budgeting and quarterly forecasting process.
- Develop and deliver presentations to audiences ranging from business line stakeholders to executives.
- Work closely with business leaders to perform KPI analysis and provide recommendation on risk and opportunity.
- Participate in the development of management reports to support business decisions.
- Lead and develop a continuous improvement ethos with the objective to creating and maintain appropriate methods and procedures within the team.
- Respond to financial inquiries by gathering and interpreting data.
- Support and develop all related costing report & analysis.
Skills and Attributes
- Drive and initiative to manage the site and contribute to the growth of the Zoo business.
- Excellent leadership and management skills and experience– a fair but firm approach to People Management.
- Problem solver with ability to have tough conversations.
- Highly effective communicator with strong written and verbal communication capability.
- A qualified accountant with several years post qualification experience in Commercial Finance and Business partnering roles.
- Must have past experience in operational roles and demonstrate an ability to integrate and work closely with non-financial counterparts in a leadership capacity.
- Enthusiastic, dynamic finance professional with a positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
- Proactive self-starter and results orientated.
- Have an attention to detail that improves forecast integrity, balanced with the ability to see the financial plan in total to be able to articulate the business strategy.
- Ability to challenge and influence senior management and team.
- Embraces change and enjoys the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment
This role provides a huge opportunity for someone seeking an employer who will offer the type of prospects, challenges, and rewards that are not readily available from most organisations. If you feel you are suitable, please apply today or if you would like to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Luke Parker or Janet McGlaughlin on 07961 091500/ 07974 366140.
Dear Applicant. We thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.
With regards to the ongoing Coronavirus (Covid-19) situation, like all responsible businesses we are continuing to monitor the situation and to act in accordance with Government guidelines.
Please note however, that whilst we are not fully operational, we continue to work closely with our employer and candidate clients to ensure that resourcing and job sourcing requirements continue to be met in line with our strict professional standards. In the interests of health and safety, we will continue to carry out all forthcoming interviews with our candidates via video interview until further notice.