This vacancy has been filled and is no longer available.
- Remote – UK
- Up to £40,000 pa, dependent on experience
- Excellent Working Culture & Additional Company Benefits
- 33 days holiday + Bank Holidays + Birthday Holiday
- Flexible Working Schedule (including 4.5 day working week after probation)
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who is searching for an exciting new role within a rapidly growing tech business. This is a hands-on operational role which will include analysing availability, support & security incidents, and trends & change. The outcome will be to manage and deliver a backlog of continuous improvement actions and projects whilst our client scales up to meet their international ambitions. If this role sounds of interest and you possess the following demonstrable experience, we would love to hear from you!
Our ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills, and characteristics:
- Working in a cloud environment (AWS preferred, Azure useful).
- CI/CD automation (Azure DevOps/CodeDeploy preferred).
- Administration Windows, and Linux/Unix, including systems diagnostics towards troubleshooting of incidents and events.
- Working in an environment with ISO9001/ISO27001.
- Excellent understanding of systems, network performance and availability monitoring.
- Log file analysis (CloudWatch Logs, including SQL querying).
- Familiarity with networking technologies including firewalls, routing, and load balancing.
- Exposure to infrastructure-as-code (CloudFormation).
- Working knowledge of Application containerisation (Docker, K8s).
- Configuration management (Ansible, PowerShell), version control and pipelines (git, Azure DevOps, Jenkins).
- Proficient scripting ability using bash, PowerShell, Python, or other professional programming languages.
- Writing clear and concise technical documentation, appropriate to target audience.
- Approachable and friendly – a trusted source of technical advice to others
- Agile management approach including backlog, documentation, review, and testing
- An inquisitive technologist and will naturally encourage others to be alike. You will have good people skills and the ability to objection handle where required
- AWS Certified Professional or Microsoft Azure Certification (desirable)
- Desirable technologies: .Net Core, php, NodeJS, python, EC2, ECS, Lambda, VPC, ELB, CloudFront, Route53, S3, CodeDeploy, SecurityHub, GuardDuty, SES, RDS, ElastiCache, KMS, WAF, CloudWatch, MSSQL, MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, RabbitMQ
- Upgrading and maintaining the cloud infrastructure to the highest standards whilst maintaining system availability and existing security standards.
- Acting as an escalation point for availability and security incident responses, assisting in remediating incidents, identifying, and implementing improvement workstreams to prevent reoccurrence.
- Collaborating with AWS Architects and Lead Developers to implement infrastructure for new application upgrades and expansions.
- Progress a backlog of improvement actions/projects and security vulnerabilities, and elaborate, contribute, collaborate, and complete.
- Contribute, maintain, and improve infrastructure & application documentation including standard operating procedures and producing technical runbooks.
- Reviewing, improving, and creating CI/CD automation centred around Azure DevOps (Git & Pipelines) and CodeDeploy.
- Collaborating with Application Development teams to drive the adoption of innovative technologies such as Lambda and ECS
- Carrying out peer reviews of technical changes, including infrastructure-as-code (CloudFormation) and configuration management (Ansible/PowerShell) via Git pull requests.
- Contributing to disaster recovery strategies (including multiregion), reviewing recent cloud innovations to determine their suitability.
- Keeping current with AWS capability improvements and evaluating the latest technologies with a view to improve customer experience and platform efficiency.
- Collaborating with AWS Architects and Security Specialists to evolve and improve the strategies for detection, triage, and remediation of security concerns.
- Conducting periodic on-call activities and out-of-hours maintenance work.
Our client is a provider of bespoke and solution driven mobile resource management software for multiple sectors. Their systems transform the way in which their customers work by streamlining processes which increases productivity and as a result reduces costs. The business has established a fantastic working culture, one which empowers, rewards, and develops its employees and encourages working towards personal goals and growth. Due to their continued growth throughout 2020 – 2021 and as a result of their strategic growth plans moving into 2022, our client can now offer an exciting opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join their team. If you feel you are suitable, please apply today by submitting your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Matt Pallister or Jonny McPartland on 07943 710 160 / 0113 332 0678.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.
With regards to the ongoing Coronavirus (Covid-19) situation, like all responsible businesses we are continuing to monitor the situation and to act in accordance with Government guidelines. Please note that whilst we are having to adapt our services, we continue to work closely with our employer and candidate clients to ensure that resourcing and job sourcing requirements continue to be met in line with our strict professional standards. In the interests of health and safety, we will continue to carry out all forthcoming interviews with our candidates via video interview until further notice.