CDM Advisor / Health & Safety Compliance Manager
- Hybrid Working Available
- Up to £50,000 pa, Dependent on Experience
- Annual Bonus
- Additional Company Benefits
Our client is a highly respected, and well-established quantity surveying consultancy. They are chartered quantity surveyors, project managers and health & safety (CDM) consultants who have developed excellent relationships with national and international clients, in both the public and private sectors. These relationships cover healthcare, education, leisure, commercial and residential projects, and their dedication to providing an exemplary service to their clients has led to their continued success. As such, we have now been tasked with searching for a CDM Advisor to join their organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced CDM Advisor or Health & Safety Manager who is looking to take the next step in their career. In this role, you will be responsible for undertaking all CDM compliance and construction risk management for a vast range of clients. You will liaise with clients, principal designers and contractors to advise on any health and safety issues, whilst identifying key design and construction risks.
Our ideal candidate will be NEBOSH certified as a minimum and possess excellent working knowledge of CDM Regs. Ideally you will have prior experience in a similar role, or you will have excellent on-site Health & Safety experience and be ready to move to a consultancy focused position.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing advice and liaising with clients to ensure all compliance aligns with CDM Regs.
- Preparing pre-construction information; identifying information required, collating required information from design/project teams, advising on and assisting with a range of surveys.
- Preparing and submitting F10s to the HSE for all construction projects.
- Advising on any health and safety issues to identify key design or construction risks.
- Preparing risk registers and facilitating workshops to collate risk registers.
- Liaising with the construction team to ensure an ongoing exchange of health and safety information.
- Preparation of health and safety files and reviews of contractor’s Operation and Maintenance Manuals & construction phase plans.
- Reviewing all contractor documentations, including method statements and risk assessments.
- Contributing to incident investigation processes.
CANDIDATE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- A Health & Safety Degree or NEBOSH Certificate and Diploma.
- Membership and CPD record of relevant professional body e.g., IOSH, IIRSM.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of Health & Safety law, especially The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
- Strong demonstrable experience within the construction industry; Ideally as a Health and Safety Manager/Advisor.
- Highly organised with the ability to proactively manage your time and workload.
- Strong levels of written and verbal communication and the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop constructive working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Valid UK driving licence and access to own vehicle.
If you are a Construction Health & Safety Manager or CDM Advisor who is ready for a new challenge and looking to move towards consultancy, then please get in touch. Apply today by submitting your CV to email@example.com. Alternatively, to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Jonny McPartland directly on 07375 675 049 / 0113 332 0678.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.