This vacancy has been filled and is no longer available.
Business Development Manager – Fleet Management
- North of England
- Field Based/Hybrid Working
- £40,000 – £50,000 pa, dependent on experience
- Uncapped Commission (OTE £100k)
- Additional Company Benefits
Our client is a global, market-leading provider of Asset, Fleet and Fuel management software. With over 40 years of industry experience, our client’s software delivers business solutions to asset and infrastructure-led businesses. Their software is designed to reduce operational complexity, improve business processes, and manage operational risk, all whilst controlling capital and operating expenditure. This cloud-based technology provides their clients with a commitment to safety and sustainability and aims to reduce waste and inefficiencies. Due to their recent success in the UK market, we have been asked to search for an experienced Business Development Manager to join their growing team.
We are searching for an experienced Business Development Manager who will be responsible for selling Fleet Asset Management software solutions to public and private sector organisations across the north of the UK. The successful individual will be focused on the growth of the organisation and will be responsible for discovering and driving new sales opportunities, building multi-layered relationships with prospects, and pushing the sales cycle with a strong focus on revenue and profit. You will be the lead on generating opportunities for growth and will be instrumental in driving sales activity in your area, with support from the Bid Manager and UK Sales Director.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Generating revenue to achieve/exceed targets by selling Fleet Asset Management software solutions into public and private sector organisations, primarily in the United Kingdom.
- Monitoring Portals for opportunities either pre-identified by the sales team or new opportunities from your client base.
- Working alongside the Bid Manager to drive early bid/no bid decisions by preparing a full overview of the opportunity, competition, background, pricing, etc.
- Developing and achieving sign off for win strategies and power positions. Leading the creation of win strategies and power positions alongside the sales lead, gaining input from the Managing Director at all stages – achieving sign off within the first 5 working days of the bid timeline.
- Proactively project managing the completion of tender process, including strategy, design, drafting, review, and production.
- Ensuring existing and potential clients receive effective insight into how solutions will directly impact their business needs and improve business processes.
- Conducting discovery sessions to identify prospective customers’ goals and objectives.
- Leading product overview presentations and in-depth product demonstrations, alongside solution consultants, to both technical and non-technical prospective customer audiences.
- Managing and participating in the solution selling process, from initial discovery through closing.
- Managing the transition of projects from the sales team to the implementation team.
- Maintaining an accurate pipeline and forecast management.
- Travelling to client sites across the North of UK. This equates to approximately 60% of the role.
CANDIDATE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Ideally you will have gained experience selling a solution service, preferably within the fleet and asset management sector, however SaaS sales experience would also be beneficial
- Have demonstrable sales experience and are able to provide evidence of success and achievement in their career to date.
- Experienced at successfully negotiating complex sales transactions, with the ability to proactively develop a business pipeline and drive sales activity.
- Strong negotiation, organisational, presentation and financial acumen skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A confident, enthusiastic, and friendly personality, with a forward-thinking and innovative attitude.
- As this role covers the North of the UK, you will be comfortable with, and able to travel, to client visits within this area, with a full clean driving licence.
This is an excellent time to join a growing business that is committed to its people and their continued development. If you feel you are suitable, please apply today by submitting your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Jonny McPartland or Matt Pallister directly on 07375 675 049 / 07943 710 160 / 0113 332 0678.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.