Contact Jonny about this role
Business Development Manager – B2B
- Based in Yorkshire
- £35,000 – £45,000 pa, dependent on experience
- Realistic OTE of £50,000 – £55,000 (uncapped monthly commission)
- Office/Field Based
- Car Allowance
- Contributory Pension Plan
We are searching for ambitious Business Development or Sales professionals with solid experience in B2B sales to join our client’s growing sales team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and increasing income from existing client accounts within a defined Yorkshire territory, whilst developing a growing pipeline which will result in the successful acquisition of new clients. This will be achieved by utilising consultative sales skills and will contribute towards increasing our client’s overall sales revenue.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Gaining an in-depth understanding of the products and services the company has to offer by engaging in and contributing towards internal training to help strengthen your knowledge in order to sell effectively.
- Increasing revenue and achieving sales growth by working towards agreed targets and objectives.
- Accurately recording all communications on the internal CRM system, ensuring it is updated and used to its capacity to regularly market and update existing and prospective clients.
- Maximising on opportunities to take new products to market when they are launched.
- Using your initiative and being proactive in coming forward with innovative ideas which could benefit the team and wider business.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 3+ years’ demonstrable B2B sales experience, although we are open to considering graduates with the skills, attributes, and motivation to succeed in sales.
- Previous experience of working in advertising/business media would be advantageous but is not essential as training will be provided.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to deal with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, especially senior level.
- Innovative and creative with a natural curiosity to hunt for new business opportunities.
- Target driven, able to work towards sales and KPI targets.
- Excellent commercial and business acumen.
- High resilience, with the ability to handle objections.
- Confident and persuasive personality.
- Strong organisational skills, able to manage your workload and multitask effectively.
- A strong team player with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Our client is the UK’s largest and most successful B2B media company outside of London. It has magazines that span over 5 regions, hosts market-leading events across all regions and is the only nationwide network of regional news emails with a significant number of subscribers. The business is growing fast with no signs of slowing down, and to assist with their continued plans for growth, our client is now searching for a Business Development Manager to join its team of experienced, hardworking, forward thinking and highly committed employees to continue increasing its B2B client base.
If you are interested in joining a well-established company who will allow you the freedom to showcase your knowledge and experience, please apply today by submitting your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Jonny McPartland or Matt Pallister directly on 07375 675 049 / 07943 710 160 / 0113 332 0678.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.