Business Development Manager
- Home/Field Based (North of England)
- Up to £30,000 pa basic + Uncapped Monthly Commission (£15-25k OTE)
- Company Benefits
Our client is an award-winning industry first provider of a SaaS based platform which has been built in order to revolutionise driver safety through evidence-based machine learning and tailored educational content, which results in reduced risk for organisations due to positive changes in their driver behaviour. It’s success in the marketplace so far has been down to their unique offering and whilst the business is still at the early days of its growth, the platform has been well received already by significant corporate organisations, and as a result the business now has a very exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join the team.
We are searching for an enthusiastic and results-driven sales individual to join our client’s small but fast-growing team, with the main objective being to secure new business opportunities which as a result will increase their client portfolio and sales revenue. The successful candidate will be an important part of their growth strategy by identifying, researching, and approaching organisations in order to secure appointments and thereafter progressing the sale through to signing.
You will be trained to understand the company’s products and services and will be supported by a highly experienced commercial director who will be an ongoing mentor for you. Hard work will be recognised, and you will be rewarded accordingly and very transparently both financially and via ongoing career development.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and researching new prospect leads to give you a sound understanding of their business.
- Prospecting new clients via the phone, social media, and networking events, and following up leads in order to secure
- Conducting sales appointments and either closing on the sale or making progress towards agreeing a sale.
- Building excellent working relationships with new prospects, to maintain a healthy, ongoing pipeline of business.
- Engaging in and contributing towards internal training to help strengthen and achieve your future goals.
- Building and maintaining a sound understanding of the products and services the company has to offer.
We would like to speak to people who:
- Have ideally gained 3+ years’ B2B sales experience and can demonstrate success in their career to date.
- Are excellent communicators, both verbally and written, with the ability to build rapport with stakeholders at all levels.
- Are well-versed in solution selling and will work towards agreed and highly achievable targets.
- Have strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Have a confident and enthusiastic personality, with a forward-thinking attitude.
- Are organised, with the ability to multi-task.
- Are motivated and self-driven.
- Possess high levels of customer service.
- Experience working within the IT/SaaS sector would be desirable but is not essential.
- Ideally educated to degree level.
This is an excellent time to be joining this organisation and for the right candidate, could offer significant career progression within an entrepreneurial-led company which is quickly growing and has ambitious long-term plans. If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please apply today by submitting your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively, please contact Matt Pallister directly on 07943 710 160 / 0113 332 0678.
Dear Applicant, we thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We would like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application please feel free to contact us directly.
With regards to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, like all responsible businesses we are continuing to monitor the situation and to act in accordance with Government guidelines. Please note however, that we are still fully operational and are working very closely with our employer and candidate clients to ensure that resourcing and job sourcing requirements continue to be met. In the interests of health and safety, we will continue to carry out all forthcoming interviews with our candidates via video interview until further notice. If you have any questions or concerns whatsoever during this difficult time, please do not hesitate to contact us on our usual numbers. We are here to support you.