Contact Alice about this role
- £120,000 – £150,000pa DOE
- Equity options available
- Commitment to remaining independent
- Excellent company benefits
Our client is an extremely well-established accountancy firm, offering proactive and practical solutions to help achieve their clients’ objectives. This is achieved through the firm’s independent and director-led approach, which ensures clients receive advice they can rely on and trust. There is a very strong audit heritage with clients spread across the North of England, these cover some of the top, high-growth corporates in the region, and a diverse range of sectors including manufacturers, professional services firms, online operators, and academies, together with subsidiaries of international groups. Services lines include external audit, assurance reporting and internal audit. As a result of a recent retiree, we are now searching for an experienced Audit Director to join their team.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and coordinate the Audit function, including people management, resource planning and training/development programmes.
- Ensuring the audit team are adhering to firm and industry best practices and standards.
- Manage a portfolio of clients and delivering high quality audits and assurance services, presenting findings and reviews at seminars & workshops.
- Building and maintaining current professional networks, including participation in webinars, seminars, and workshops, as well as seeking new business opportunities.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong Audit and Finance reporting experience, with ACA / ACCA / ICAS qualification (or equivalent).
- Client facing experience within an accountancy practice.
- Previous experience with managing and developing staff.
- Team centric, articulate, and approachable.
- A strong work ethic and are committed to delivering results.
- Client following is not essential but can be accommodated.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to become part of our client’s Leadership Team and add value to its business, please apply today or if you would like to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Janet McGlaughlin or Alice McGlaughlin on the number listed on our website: wearemarmion.com.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.