This vacancy has been filled and is no longer available.
- Based in Huddersfield
- Part Time – 30 Hours
- Up to £25,000 pa (pro rata)
- Excellent Benefits
Our client is a well-established accountancy firm whose success has been built on the back of offering a professional and efficient service to their clientele. The client-focused approach that our client has taken has allowed them to build excellent relationships and offer a more consultative service offering. The team have a wealth of knowledge across all areas of accountancy, tax, and audit, which has enabled them to become a trusted partner and help businesses reach their objectives. As a result of their continued success, our client is now searching for an Accounts Assistant to join the internal finance/support team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of the internal finance team of a well-established accountancy firm. Reporting to the Practice Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the entire purchase ledger process and general accounts administration. You will be responsible for providing an efficient supportive service to the wider finance team, ensuring that accurate financial information is delivered and readily available for the firm’s partners when needed.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining an accurate record of all financial transactions including purchases, expenses, sales revenue, invoices, and payments.
- Setting up new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details.
- Preparing and running BACS payments.
- Processing timesheets.
- Daily cashflow reconciliation and maintenance of the cashbook.
- Quarterly VAT payments.
- Acting as the first point of contact for related enquiries.
- General ad-hoc administrative practice duties including data entry and telephone/reception cover.
- Previous bookkeeping experience is essential.
- An AAT qualification or working towards becoming AAT qualified.
- Knowledge of software packages e.g., SAGE or similar.
- IT competent and experienced with Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision whilst also positively contributing as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines without compromising on quality.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to join a supportive internal finance team, please apply today by submitting your CV to email@example.com, or contact Matt Pallister directly on 07943 710 160
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.