Contact Alice about this role
- Lenham – Kent (Hybrid – Office/Remote)
- £30,000 – £35,000 + uncapped commission
- Excellent working culture
- Full training and development
Is an industry leader within the Memory and Storage Solutions sector, sharply focussed on delivering excellent customer service, world-class products, and timely delivery to their clients. Their company ethos is centred around employee satisfaction, and as such they are known for retaining their talent, by nurturing their people to ensure their ongoing professional development.
As a result of their growth plans for the immediate future, we have been tasked with searching for an Account Manager to join their sales team.
Reporting directly to the Chief Sales Officer and working closely with the Account Directors, this candidate will act as a link between customers and internal teams, interpreting customer requirements, presenting solutions and executing sales strategies within a set of named accounts, with a focus on providing industrial and embedded solutions.
It is integral that this candidate gains a thorough understanding of each account and builds long, and lasting relationships whilst delivering excellent customer service.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary purpose of role – acquire, maximise, and retain targets for a set of agreed accounts.
- Work closely with CSO or Account Director and agree on support plans for each customer, including measurable outputs, relationship building and management.
- Account management of portfolio of accounts and key strategic accounts.
- Organise face-to-face meetings with clients and work with marketing team to create collateral needed.
- Identify, quantify, and qualify new opportunities, ensuring all information is captured on the CRM system.
- Database and pipeline management.
- Proactive follow-ups for all opportunities and open quotes.
- Gain an intermediate to advanced product knowledge to allow meaningful conversations with clients, lean on knowledge of market trends, stock levels and commercials to make recommendations to customers and work closely with procurement.
- Support colleagues with technical queries, resolve technical issues for customers where possible, with the understanding of point of escalation if needed.
- Form strong working relationships with vendors and proactively improve vendor engagement and strategies.
- Work with marketing team on new product launches, marketing plans, with sales and vendor objectives at the forefront.
- Sales and activity reporting.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience as a Sales Account Manager with demonstrable evidence of exceeding targets, specifically within the Technology industry focussing on solutions sales. (essential)
- Previous experience having technical conversations with stakeholders and decision makers on solution-based projects.
- Ability to pick up new technical knowledge quickly, with a genuine interest in the industry.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, via email, telephone and face-to-face.
- Ability to manage own workload, and diary management to drive efficiency.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills, with the understanding of the importance of maintaining detailed notes.
- Strive to overachieve both with targets and customer satisfaction.
- Adhere to all company policies and act as a brand ambassador.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing organisation with a huge emphasis on employee satisfaction. If you would like to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Alice McGlaughlin on 07494 454 777. Alternatively, please apply today and we will contact you directly.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.