Contact Jonny about this role
- Based in Wetherby
- £38,000 – £40,000 pa, Dependent on Experience
- Additional Company Benefits
Our client is a provider of popular tourist attractions based in Yorkshire. They hold events and activities throughout the year, particularly during school holidays and the festive period. They constantly develop new and exciting installations and attractions for their visitors, from mesmerising lighting shows to interactive play areas. As a result of their consistent growth, they are now looking for a Technical Manager to join the business and continue the creation on new attractions.
This is a unique opportunity for a creative and technical individual with a passion for completing exciting projects to join a business where you will be given the opportunity to stamp your mark on all future attractions. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and managing all building/site maintenance work on the estate, as well and creating a variety of new and memorable attractions and lighting displays. You will take the lead on all technical matters and play an integral part in the on-going development of the brand. Alongside all building and maintenance work, you will be responsible for leading a small team of technicians and joiners on a daily basis.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading on all day-to-day technical matters, maintenance works and future technical development.
- Design and maintenance of temporary electrical systems for outdoor events and attractions.
- Exterior theatrical lighting design, installation and maintenance.
- Design and maintenance of basic electronics for interactive systems (animatronics, audio, lighting).
- Effectively and safely managing building and site works and ensuring health and safety legislation is followed.
- General building and site maintenance, including planning and managing projects.
- Maintenance of POS till systems and computer networks.
CANDIDATE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Prior experience in electrical system design, installation, testing and maintenance.
- An electrical qualification to BS7671 IEE 18th Edition Wiring Regulations.
- Demonstrable experience of managing and successfully completing building and maintenance projects.
- You will have a technical yet creative mindset; Experience in theatrical lighting would be highly beneficial.
- Solid IT skills within a Microsoft Windows-based environment, ideally at Network Administrator level.
This is an exciting role for a creative and technically minded individual to join a business where you will be valued and allowed to continue growing. This role would suit someone with a theatrical lighting background, or a creative maintenance manager who is looking for a change in direction. If you feel you are suitable, please apply today by submitting your CV to email@example.com. Alternatively, to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Jonny McPartland directly on 07375 675 049 / 0113 332 0678.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.