This vacancy has been filled and is no longer available.
- Up to £35,000 – £40,000 pa, dependent on experience
- Free on-site parking/ WorkBYTRAM discounted travel scheme
- Excellent Company Benefits
Our client is a well-established, successful, and authorised provider/re-seller of enterprise technology and managed IT solutions. It is an extremely forward-thinking organisation committed to investing in the business to ensure it continues in its upward trajectory of growth and stands out from the competition. As an outcome of their continued success, and as a result of their strategic growth plan, we are searching for an experienced Software Category Manager to join their Procurement Team
Reporting directly to the Head of Procurement, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development and management of our clients’ licensing and software portfolio, working cross-departmentally you will ensure this offering is in line with the business strategy, whilst assisting with its promotion with the sales and management teams.
- Work closely with the sales teams and assess opportunities to ensure demand for products is pipelined with suppliers, whether this be items in stock or held with 3rd parties.
- Work with sales to provide accurate invoice forecasts and manage the forecast budget.
- Support the sales and management teams in large opportunities.
- Ensure the portfolio aligns with the business product strategy and that all appropriate operational readiness is in place.
- Manage products and their lifecycle, rotating stock and implementing supersessions where appropriate to minimise commercial risk.
- Work with the business and support product queries in a timely manner.
- Forecast, drive and manage. The product revenue, GP and rebates against the company budget.
- Manage and ensure correct utilisation and valuation of all demo/loan stock.
- Develop and manage strong relationships with suppliers and vendors to ensure that the business gains competitive advantage in the channel, can effectively foresee and respond to changes in a timely manner, and ensure appropriate levels of service are maintained.
- Actively seek incremental margin for the business through negotiation of special pricing, terms and deliveries.
- Manage product companion and bundle strategy in line with business requirements.
- Ensure new suppliers are strategic and onboarded as per the supplier onboarding process.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience with IT channel, software, licensing and End User Compute Devices.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to make and justify decisions to stakeholders.
- Excellent customer service skills, always demonstrating a professional manner dealing with both internal and external parties.
- Ability to quickly learn and retain knowledge with regards to products and processes.
This is an exciting opportunity for a procurement professional to join a forward-thinking and fast-growing organisation. If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply today, or alternatively please contact Alice McGlaughlin on 07494 454 777 | 0113 332 0678 for a confidential chat.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.