Contact Alice about this role
- Home based (England + East Wales) – Travel to client sites + Travel to Nottingham HQ
- £5k Car Allowance
- £60,000-£70,000pa, DOE + Bonuses
- Excellent Company Benefits
OUR CLIENT & THE OPPORTUNITY
Our client is a well-established, successful, and authorised provider/re-seller of enterprise technology and managed IT solutions. It is an extremely forward-thinking organisation committed to investing in the business to ensure it continues in its upward trajectory of growth and stands out from the competition. As an outcome of their continued success, and as a result of their strategic growth plan, we are now searching for a Service Design Architect, the successful candidate will join the Managed Services Presales team and be responsible for designing and creating service solutions that align with the requirements of customers and partners.
This candidate will be responsible for the design and creation of service solutions in response to requirements from customers and partners. The scope of the service solution will cover all aspects of outsourcing and support, including device management, monitoring, hardware maintenance, software support, service desk, remote management, and service improvement, for both new business and renewal of existing contracted services.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with the sales account management team to assist in opportunity qualification, helping them evaluate requirements to establish a solution which addresses customer needs and delivers them value to their business.
- Ensuring the solution addresses specific customer needs without jeopardizing the integrity of the solution, whilst also making sure the solution is deliverable as per the internal resources.
- Ensuring completeness of solution requirements, providing the solution authority for the total proposition, including creating the solution description documentation and ultimately accompanying Sales to present the solution verbally to the customer explaining value added.
- Providing a single point of contact for all information pertaining to the solution design.
- Discussing the solution in detail with nominated technical and business experts convincing them of the merits of the solution.
- Establish assumptions and risks to the solution, manage these throughout the lifecycle of the solution creation and transition process.
- Prepare solution and commercial propositions for approval through the bid review process.
- Follow internal governance process for solution and cost sign off and all required levels.
- Managing service validation activities with operational stakeholders to mitigate risks and assumptions.
- Establish and cost appropriate service take on/transition projects working with Project Management, and ultimately providea successful handover to operations for solution delivery.
- Ensure appropriate service schedules are created in line with the solution design for contract submission.
- Contributing to service development activities such as service and cost definition.
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary, raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Periodically review Security Policies – centrally hosted on the Intranet – to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
Candidate skills and experience:
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification or above.
- Knowledge and experience of contracts involving TUPE.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, verbal and communication skills, with the ability to report, present, negotiate scope including technical and commercial to C suite level.
- Experience and proven track record of leading bids and winning contracts ranging from £100k-£20mil, as well as similar managed service/outsourcing/support-based solutions.
- Ability to understand complex customer requirements and environments to establish support and managed service requirements and turn these into complete and coherent documentation/solution proposals.
- Experience of services including: ITIL Aligned Service Desk, Managed Desktop, Infrastructure outsourcing, Public and Private Cloud Service, Network and Unified Comms.
- ITIL Intermediate or Expert qualification.
- PRINCE2 qualification.
- Appropriate technical qualifications.
- Knowledge of IT Bid Support Processes.
- Public sector procurement experience.
- Candidates from other customer facing roles may also be considered e.g. service delivery, sales, operations.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation with some very exciting plans for the future. If you have the relevant experience, please apply today, or alternatively please contact Alice McGlaughlin on the number listed.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.