Senior Product Manager – Software
- Based in Sheffield
- Hybrid Working – 3 days office/2 days home
- Up to £67,000, dependent on experience
- Car Allowance
- Company Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Product Manager to take a pivotal role within a growing tech business. This is very much a people-to-people position and based on the successful candidate’s ability to communicate at all levels in both technical and non-technical formats, the required outcome will be to build and develop the product roadmap in line with the business strategy whilst meeting customer demands and expectations. Naturally, this can only be achieved by having an excellent understanding of technical environments, and by having the ability to turn the business vision and customer requirements into workable and clearly set out product development specifications. In practice the development and analysis of products will be facilitated by using a range of specialist software tools to create workflows, specifications and storyboards that clearly and concisely set out features that are usable, easy to navigate, aesthetically appealing and engaging.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Engaging regularly with end users to gain insight into how they use the platform in their environment and business context, through the delivery of workshops and evaluation of end user experience.
- Leading and managing a team of product specialists to create innovative and engaging experiences that solve real problems and drive efficiencies and productivity in our client’s software.
- Facilitating the smooth delivery of all projects, enhancements and support delivered by your team and reviewing project progress.
- Using prototype design software such as Axure and Balsamiq to enable you to produce lo-fi and hi-fi wireframes and product prototypes.
- Developing user personas and storyboards for system workflows and user experience improvements.
- Contributing regularly to discussions regarding internal process and system improvements in order to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Ensuring product changes, enhancements and new features take into account all possible risks and contain the appropriate contingency.
- Proactively driving innovation with new ideas and options made available by new technologies.
- Line management responsibilities will include technical recruitment, appraisals, 121 meetings, identifying training needs, motivating and performance managing the team, inducting, and training new team members, coaching, and training existing team members.
Our ideal candidate will have gained demonstrable product and team management experience and will have a solid understanding of the full product development lifecycle. You will prefer a creative and evolving technological working environment and will have solid problem-solving abilities. As you will be working with a wide spectrum of users from multiple backgrounds and organisations, you will be able to communicate effectively and build rapport with stakeholders at multiple levels.
Key skills and experience required:
- Exceptional communication skills in both written and verbal formats with a focus on fine detail.
- Highly creative, innovative, and literate, with the ability to produce top quality specifications, workflows, and communications.
- Design and spatial skills to gauge the usability of a feature or application.
- An open, flexible, and adaptable mind-set to cope with a rapidly changing set of tasks in an area of emerging, new technologies.
- Good time management skills, ensuring that deadlines are met and not impacted by changing priorities.
- Self-motivated and results oriented, someone who thrives working in a fast-paced environment.
- A high level of concentration and resilience to stay focused on a project to ensure client deadlines are met.
- A willingness to learn specialist programmes and keep up to date with software applications & new technologies.
- Proven background in research and analysis, which, based on findings, ultimately provide commercially focused recommendations for the development of new and existing products.
- An aptitude for using a logical, step-by-step approach to ensure designs are user friendly and simple for end users.
- A strong leader with the ability to develop and motivate a small team.
- Willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
Our client is a recognised market leader in the development of Software as a Service (SaaS) for the fleet industry, making it one of the most respected and fastest growing companies in the UK. It provides innovative/solution driven software to some of the biggest names in this highly regulated industry sector, and as a result of a robust strategy for growth, can now offer an interesting opportunity for an enthusiastic, enterprising, and experienced Senior Product Manager who will work closely with the Operations & Product Development Director and in conjunction with the product design/development team to continue innovating their SaaS product offering.
This is a solid opportunity to join a company which is firmly committed to its people. Furthermore, this is a business that has a clear plan for the future and recognises and rewards based on personal and team success. If you are interested and have the required skill sets and experience, please apply today. Alternatively, if you would like to learn more about this role, please contact Matt Pallister on 07943 710 160.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.