This vacancy has been filled and is no longer available.
Senior Management Accountant
- £35,000 – £45,000 pa, dependent on experience
- Hybrid working
- Free on-site parking
- Excellent company benefits and one training day per month
Is a provider of SaaS project portfolio solutions and professional services automation. They play a key role in increasing efficiencies within businesses and ultimately drive results through their flexible and affordable solutions. As a result of their continued success, and growth plans for the future, we have been tasked with finding a Senior Management Accountant to join their Finance department with a view to becoming the number 2 for the Financial Controller.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, our ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and consistency throughout the management and financial accounts for the UK and US entities. You will ideally have experience managing or mentoring others as overtime this role may develop into managing more junior members of the team. This role is extremely varied and requires an eye-for detail in all areas, as well as offering monthly training days and a fantastic opportunity for personal development.
Key responsibilities will include…
- Month end accounting entries and financial statement reconciliations, with quality control checks to monitor the accuracy and attention to detail, performed in line with working day deadlines as set out in month end tracker.
- Reviewing, adjusting, and reporting monthly variances to budget at a regional and department level, performed through Income Statement and Balance Sheet analysis.
- Investigation of any queries through accounts analysis and partnering the heads of business to ensure monthly accounts are reflective of the operating business.
- Oversight and sign-off of purchase ledger transactions via the junior members of the team.
- All responsibility of the accurate and timely raising of contracts and associated sales invoices for all territories, whilst ensuring all revenues are accounted for and recognised correctly in appropriate periods in-line with applicable GAAP.
- System detail management of specific customers’ accounts at 40k ARR or more.
- Response to queries for Tier 1 customers, checking associated mailboxes daily to ensure the service provided is in line with company values.
- Accurate cashflow forecasting, ensuring commercial awareness is applied, especially concerning revenue and any adjustments expected age debt in line with reviews held with the Financial Controller.
- Review payroll and associated duties, including payroll input to the bank for approval, and ensuring company bonuses are made in line with the appropriate payrolls for all areas.
- Assistance on all audits (Global and Local) on an ongoing basis, including but not limited to compiling supporting records that are requested.
- Preparation of external returns; VAT, P11D’s and any other external filings.
- Proactively seek efficiencies in process and policies.
- Support the Junior Finance Assistant’s duties and responsibilities.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- CIMA/Professional Management qualification is essential.
- Knowledge/Experience of accounting principles applied through month-end financial statements entries is essential.
- Knowledge of US GAAP is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience of utilising Excel to speed up processes and eliminate risk to month end tasks.
- Experience of using software packages such as SAGE/SaaS Optics.
- Demonstrable experience of Bookkeeping.
- Experience of using Intacct finance system is desirable.
- A deep understanding and experience of revenue recognition for complex contracts.
- Previous work experience with multi-currency.
This is a rare opportunity for an individual to join a global and ever-growing SaaS organisation, with the required skills and experience. If you would like to discuss the opportunity further, please apply today or contact Alice McGlaughlin or Matt Pallister directly on 07494 454 777 | 07943 710 160 | 0113 332 0678
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.