Senior Developer – MERN Stack
- Fully Remote
- Up to £65,000 pa DOE
- Additional Company Benefits
Our client is a leading provider of telematics driven data analytics to a significant number of emergency services and security agencies. Their products and services provide real-time insight and analysis aimed at ensuring maximum efficiency and optimum performance to their clients, with the overall aim of allowing businesses to make strategic decisions based on intelligent data analysis. Due to their success and a recent acquisition, we have been tasked with searching for an experienced Senior Developer to join their team.
THE OPPORTUNITY & CANDIDATE
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced full-stack MERN developer to join an organisation where you will be encouraged to expand your knowledge and be a driving force behind the technical direction of our client’s business. This role will see the successful individual engage in a range of projects and briefs with the ultimate focus on developing and maintaining effective solutions that deliver real-time insights and significant improvements to operational efficiency.
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate relatable experience in a similar environment. You will be comfortable in development within the MERN stack and have an active interest in further developing your tech stack. Due to the nature of the client base, successful candidate will be required to complete and pass a thorough security clearance. We are looking to speak with candidates who can demonstrate the following:
High level of proficiency in most, if not all, of the following:
- MongoDB, Express, React, Node.js
- Apache Kafka (Connect, Streams etc.)
- Android Development (Desired but not essential)
Soft Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, good people skills and the ability to objection handle when required.
- Ability to design, develop and modify components based on functional & system requirements.
- An autonomous way of working; The ability to take a brief and action immediately.
- Strong analytical mindset and the ability to break down complex problems into easily digestible solutions.
- Excellent team-working and the ability to liaise with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Be an inquisitive technologist who naturally encourages other to be alike.
- Be able to advise senior stakeholders, work comfortably without definition and apply a progressive technical approach.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Proactively driving product development by seeking opportunities to add value; ensuring best results possible are achieved.
- Engaging in development and maintenance of components across the full stack of applications and services.
- Continually challenging your ability to deliver solutions that align with client’s businesses and their industry.
- Generating new ideas, thoughts and strategies that create added value for clients.
- Ensuring team awareness and personal ownership of tasks on a sprint-by-sprint basis.
- Producing all technical documentation and reporting as required by each project.
- Collaborating and liaising with various stakeholders to provide advice to all colleagues and mentor junior members of the team in developing their skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced developer who is looking for a new challenge that will allow you to test your skillset, increase your knowledge, and have a pivotal say in the technological direction of the business. If you feel you are suitable, please apply today by submitting your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Jonny McPartland directly on 07375 675 049 / 0113 332 0678.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.