Contact Alice about this role
- Leeds/Hybrid working (50/50 split)
- £50,000 – £60,000 DOE + 15% bonus + car allowance
- Excellent training
- Private Healthcare, 6% employer contribution to pension + more benefits.
- 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays + birthday off)
Our client is a supplier and distributor of pre and post-natal products and devices. They are a house-hold name and a global leader within the industry, starting from the founders’ kitchen with the view to solve a specific need, now a multimillion-pound international brand with a wide and trusted product range. We have been tasked with finding them a National Account Manager to join their team.
Working closely with the VP/MD UK & International, this role will be a split of 80% account management and 20% new business. You will be responsible for driving profitable sales growth by strengthening the existing relationships with the current client base, and ultimately developing these by spotting new opportunities at point of contract renewal. You will also be expected to prospect new national business to increase the customer portfolio.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the VP/MD UK & International to define and execute development plans for National Accounts in the UK market, increasing revenue and exceeding agreed targets.
- Manage and develop Key National Accounts (including retail brands; Boots, Tesco, Asda, etc), including; account development plans, annual budgets, and quarterly forecasts.
- Work closely with UK SLT, Marketing, and Marketplace teams to develop, activate, and manage strategic trade plans for National accounts, with the goal to deliver and meet brand and business/sales objectives.
- Client relationship management of existing and new customer base.
- Take accountability for consumer shopping journey for each client, engage with stakeholders where appropriate to optimise this experience.
- Work with distribution, ensuring all current and new products have maximum availability for consumers.
- Prepare monthly sales/customer reports, analysing trends, retail sales, account trends and competitor activity across account portfolio.
- Provide insights and actions on the above reports, present learnings to internal stakeholders, sharing successes and knowledge gaps to improve business performance.
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure effective strategies and campaigns are in place.
- Work with wider marketing team to ensure content featured on all client platforms are featured and maximised.
- Manage agreed budget spend for promotions, and work with Marketing Manager to maximise spending and measurement of campaigns.
- Identify appropriate product range by customer (and subsequently store), including; number of stores, position on shelf, quantity per shelf, taking into consideration consumer challenges to generate sales.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to maximise account performance, as well as identifying areas of growth and technologies to consider that will increase sales.
- Work with VP/MD UK & International to negotiate trading terms with key accounts.
- Conduct regular meetings with all customers.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years’ experience within a similar role, working with national retail accounts (Boots, Tesco, Asda, etc)
- Experience of driving sales growth, and working to, and exceeding targets and KPIs.
- Experience with proactive business/sales pipeline development and management.
- Branded consumer packaged goods experience is desired.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with confidence in presenting to stakeholders at C-suite/SLT level.
- Strong capability to uncover opportunities, gain information, and creative lead generation for new business.
- Team-centric attitude, with a positive mind-set and the confidence to represent the brand and business in the best light.
- Full UK driving license.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced National Account Manager to join an international yet close knit house-hold brand. If you would like to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Alice McGlaughlin on the number listed on our website. Alternatively, please apply today and we will contact you directly.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.