Product Manager – Software
- Based in Sheffield
- Up to £45,000 pa, dependent on experience
- Car Allowance
- Company Benefits
Is a recognised market leader in the development of scalable software (SaaS) for the fleet industry, making it one of the most respected and fastest growing companies in the UK. It provides innovative/solution driven software to some of the biggest names in this highly regulated industry sector, and as a result of a robust strategy for growth, can now offer an interesting opportunity for an enthusiastic, enterprising, and experienced Product Manager who will form an integral part of the product design/development team to continue innovating their SaaS product offering.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Manager who is seeking to continue developing their career within the Software as a Service industry. The successful candidate will possess a strong ability to communicate at all levels in both technical and non-technical formats and will be instrumental in building and developing our client’s product roadmap in line with customer’s needs and the overall business strategy. In order to achieve this, we are searching for an individual who can display an excellent understanding of technical environments and has the ability to turn the business vision and customer requirements into workable and clearly set out product development specifications using multiple approaches. In practice the development and analysis of products will be facilitated by using a range of specialist software tools to create workflows, specifications and storyboards that clearly and concisely set out features that are usable, easy to navigate, aesthetically appealing and engaging.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Engaging regularly and directly with end users to gain insight into how they use the platform in their environment and business context through the delivery of workshops and evaluation of end user experience.
- Collaborating with a team of product specialists to create innovative and engaging experiences that solve real problems and drive efficiencies and productivity.
- Ensuring that end-product design meets the core business objectives required by the customer, whilst providing users with the optimum experience in terms of efficiency, effectiveness, and engagement.
- Facilitating Business Alignment, Ideation and Planning Workshops to drive engagement in product development with internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitating the smooth delivery of all projects, enhancements and support delivered by your team and reviewing project progress.
Our ideal candidate will have gained demonstrable product management experience and will have a solid understanding of the full product development lifecycle within a SaaS environment. You will prefer a creative and evolving technological working environment and will have solid problem-solving abilities. As you will be working with a wide spectrum of users from multiple backgrounds and organisations, you will be able to communicate effectively and build rapport with stakeholders at multiple levels.
Key skills and experience required:
- Exceptional communication skills in both written and verbal formats with a focus on fine detail.
- Highly creative, innovative, and literate, with the ability to produce top quality specifications, workflows, and communications.
- Design and spatial skills to gauge the usability of a feature or application.
- An open, flexible, and adaptable mind-set to cope with a rapidly changing set of tasks in an area of emerging, new technologies.
- Good time management skills, ensuring that deadlines are met and not impacted by changing priorities.
- Self-motivated and results oriented, someone who thrives working in a fast-paced environment.
- A high level of concentration and resilience to stay focused on a project to the end and meet client deadlines.
- A willingness to learn specialist programmes and keep up to date with software applications & new technologies.
- Demonstrable experience in research and analysis, which, based on findings, ultimately provide commercially focused recommendations for the development of new and existing products.
- An aptitude for using a logical, step-by-step approach to ensure designs are user friendly and simple for end users.
- Willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
This is a solid opportunity to join a company which is firmly committed to its people. Furthermore, this is a business that has a clear plan for the future and recognises and rewards based on personal and team success. If you are interested and have the required skill sets and experience, please apply today by submitting your CV to email@example.com. Alternatively, if you would like to learn more about this role, please contact Jonny McPartland directly on 07375 675 049 / 0113 332 0678.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.