Problem Manager (ITIL Lead)
- Based in Nottingham
- Up to £45,000 pa, negotiable dependent on experience
- Company Benefits
OUR CLIENT & THE ROLE
Our client is a well-established, successful, and authorised provider/reseller of enterprise technology and managed IT solutions. It is an extremely forward-thinking organisation committed to investing in the business and its people to ensure it maintains its reputation as a market leader and provider within this very dynamic sector. Integrity is at the core of what it does and has been a significant and contributing factor in their history of year on year growth.
Due to a recent internal promotion, we have been tasked with searching for an ITIL Lead who will be responsible for embedding problem management practices into the business and championing proactive problem management across the services team to ensure these practices are followed correctly in order to prevent or minimise incidents.
As a hands-on leader you will motivate a small team to ensure that practices are maintained across various departments according to company policies, governance, and procedures, whilst encouraging open communication between team members to suggest and drive forward ideas about how they can work more effectively together.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Performing reactive and proactive Problem Management for contracted clients and services, with the aim of eliminating re-occurring Incidents and to enhance service stability
- Act as a single point of contact for all Major Incidents from reporting to Resolution, following the documented Major Incident Management process
- Ownership of internal and external communication during a Major Incident
- Drive all problems towards root cause identification and a permanent fix
- Identify trends and potential Problems through Problem Analysis
- The production of Major Incident and Problem Reports
- Proactively manage Incidents due to breach SLA or have potential to cause significant customer facing impact or impact to the business
- Ensuring that all Changes to IT infrastructure are correctly submitted via Requests for Change, are reviewed, approved, and implemented successfully without negative impact to existing IT Infrastructure and services
- Review daily priorities and take appropriate action to ensure results are achieved
- Ensure all resources have a clear view of their roles and responsibilities and are working in line with company values
- Creating a team environment with an open communication culture
- Ownership of escalations and complaints undertaking full RCA and undertake the necessary actions
- Identify improvements to IT services, tools and processes used within Managed Services
- Ensure transfer of knowledge within appropriate teams is completed on introduction of new customers, services, and technologies
- Review the efficiency and effectiveness of the Problem Management process
Our ideal candidate will be someone who has gained experience integrating problem management, major incident management and change management in an existing role and will be searching for a new challenge within a business where they can make their mark.
- A strong leader with the ability to develop and motivate a small team
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, having embedded problem management
- ITIL Foundation qualified (minimum)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and guide a range of stakeholders and colleagues
- Highly resilient with strong organisational and time management skills; self-motivated to deliver to the highest standard whilst working under pressure
- The ability to work both individually and as part of a team able to build strong working relationships
- Proven decision-making and problem-solving skills with the confidence to take responsibility for independent decisions
- Are excellent communicators, both verbally and written
- Experience working with a widespread geographic base
- Experience using Service Management tools
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies
This is an exciting time to join a well-established, award winning and growing organisation within the technology industry. And, as a result of its well-known commitment to its people can offer the successful candidate job security and future career opportunities. Our successful candidates have provided 5* feedback on their experience of working for this business and if you would like to join a company who has a dynamic and progressive strategy for growth, please apply today by submitting your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Matt Pallister directly on 07943 710 160 / 0113 332 0678.
Dear Applicant, we thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We would like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application please feel free to contact us directly.
With regards to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, like all responsible businesses we are continuing to monitor the situation and to act in accordance with Government guidelines. Please note however, that we are still fully operational and are working very closely with our employer and candidate clients to ensure that resourcing and job sourcing requirements continue to be met. In the interests of health and safety, we will continue to carry out all forthcoming interviews with our candidates via video interview until further notice. If you have any questions or concerns whatsoever during this difficult time, please do not hesitate to contact us on our usual numbers. We are here to support you.