This vacancy has been filled and is no longer available.
Operations Manager – Payroll/employee Services Team
- Based in St Helens
- £38000 per annum
- Paid overtime
- Enhanced Pension
- Excellent Benefits
Is searching for an experienced and highly motivated Operations Manager to support the Payroll Department. This will be a business critical appointment and will require someone who ideally has proven experience in large regulated/public sector focused operations. This is a unique opportunity to demonstrate inspirational leadership within a vital and diverse environment. Furthermore, you will become part of a forward thinking team that is committed to an ethos of learning and self-development which will support not only the organisations strategy for further growth but your own professional development.
Reporting directly into the Senior Leadership team you will manage the relationship between Employment Services and its current, and future clients. You will have the ability to build solid working relationships with multiple stakeholders, each of whom will have their own unique service solution requirements ensuring that you and your teams deliver the highest standards of service in accordance with contracted Service Level Agreements. The role is multifaceted and whilst there is requirement for the successful candidate to have a comprehensible understanding of Payroll it is your operational expertise and ability to project management in a dynamic and fast changing environment which will add most value to the role.
Your responsibilities and experience needed to ensure success:
- High levels of communication and advocacy for your teams, the organisation and its internal and external stakeholders
- A proven ability to analyse complex data and statistics for payroll returns, and to produce high level reports on a regular basis
- Strong commercial awareness – value, quality and delivery.
- Effective leadership through example with a commitment to ongoing training and development both personally and for colleagues
- Technical expertise in all areas of payroll including comprehensive knowledge of complex HMRC regulations and statutory requirements
- Financial responsibility for signing of BACS for significant payroll and an authorised signatory for all clients. Monitoring of budgets and associated costs ensuring that profitability is maximised without compromising service to clients
- Adherence to all quality management policies and procedures ensuring compliance is in line with the internal compliance audit programme
- Strategic and tactical experience in delivering a vital and commercially focused payroll service with a high performing team
Our ideal candidate is:
- Educated to degree level
- Committed to ongoing personal professional development
- Substantial knowledge of all statutory regulations which impact payroll
- High levels of computer literacy
- A strong and supportive manager who will encourage and lead their teams by example
- An intelligent and outcome focused colleague
- A strong negotiator who is focused on building long term business relationships
- Understands regulation and governance and the importance of compliance
- A good team player who can be relied upon to work in collaboration with multi departmental colleagues to achieve positive results
- An advocate for the department/team he/she leads heads and supports
This is a role that will engage, challenge, and excite someone who wants lead a very important service which is a fundamental lifeline for end users of the service. The above information is not exhaustive, and we are happy to share more detailed insight on the position to interested parties. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively for a conversation on 07974366140
Dear Applicant, we thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We would like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application please feel free to contact us directly.
With regards to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, like all responsible businesses we are continuing to monitor the situation and to act in accordance with Government guidelines. Please note however, that we are still fully operational and are working very closely with our employer and candidate clients to ensure that resourcing and job sourcing requirements continue to be met. In the interests of health and safety, we will continue to carry out all forthcoming interviews with our candidates via video interview until further notice. If you have any questions or concerns whatsoever during this difficult time, please do not hesitate to contact us on our usual numbers. We are here to support you.