Contact Jonny about this role
- £27,500 – £32,500 pa, Dependent on Experience
- Company Pension Plan
- Life Cover
- Additional Company Benefits
Our client is a fast-growing and highly innovative manufacturer, importer, and distributor of high-quality eye care products. Their range of products not only supports eye health but also raises awareness of eye hygiene, whilst delivering a series of preventative solutions and treatments. Their award-winning innovation and impressive product range has seen this business rapidly grow, and they continue to extend their reach around the globe. Due to this continued success, we have been tasked with searching for a Management Accountant to join their growing team.
In this role, you will report directly to the Financial Director and will be given autonomy and trust to provide financial support across the business. You will be responsible for assisting in the production of management accounts, the presentation of management information and the direct management of a Financial Apprentice. Alongside financial responsibilities, you will also be required to utilise Sage 200 to ensure operational efficiency. You will be given the opportunity to further develop yourself within this organisation and will be encouraged to provide input and value to the future direction of the business.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the preparation and completion of monthly and ad-hoc reporting.
- Preparation and production of Management and Statutory Accounts.
- Preparing and assisting with the presentation of all management information, including annual budgets.
- Direct management of the Finance Apprentice.
- Management of aged debt, accruals & prepayments, balance sheet reconciliations, VAT returns, payment runs and other financial matters.
- Reporting, monitoring, and budgeting for capital expenditure: plan vs actual.
- Liaising with auditors for the preparation and submission of Annual Group Statutory Accounts.
- Preparation and production of VAT returns and EC reporting.
- Aiding in developing and enhancing internal systems, processes, and procedures.
You will be a proactive and analytical individual with excellent data analysis and presentation skills; you will be highly proficient in Sage 200, particularly possessing a solid understanding of sales order processing and stock control. We’re looking for an excellent problem solver who possesses exceptional communication and organisational skills. We are open to both qualified or part-qualified accountants; Specific industry experience is not as important as a desire and passion for continuous personal and professional development.
We would love to speak to candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- AAT or CIMA Accountancy Qualification – Either qualified or part-qualified.
- Strong experience and understanding of Sage 200; Sales order processing, stock control and barcoding & warehousing.
- Excellent data analysis skills; Advanced Excel with a solid understanding of pivots/VLOOKUP’s/SUMIFS and previous Power BI experience.
- Excellent business acumen and a strong commercial awareness.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to deal with large volumes of data manipulations, reporting and analysing trends.
- A process-orientated and analytical mindset with the ability to explain complex concepts and information clearly and effectively.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with a strong work ethic, a desire to learn and a commitment to lead by example.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and commercially minded accountant to join a globally recognised brand where you will be integral to their continued growth. If you feel you are suitable, please apply today by submitting your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Jonny McPartland directly on 07375 675 049 / 0113 332 0678.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant; if your application is shortlisted then you will be contacted via telephone in the first instance. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, we endeavour to consider all applicants for future opportunities; should you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please contact us directly