Contact Alice about this role
- £29,000 – £34,000pa, DOE
- 6.5% employer pension contribution
- Annual bonus scheme
- 26 days Annual Leave + bank holidays & Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- Flexible Advantage working
Is a leading provider of multi-disciplined professional services within the Power, Water, Telecoms and Transport & Infrastructure sectors. They play a key role in the delivery of building innovative and sustainable infrastructure nation-wide. Their success can be attributed to the culture of the organisation, a ‘one team’ approach is applied to all projects ensuring each is made up of internal employees working cohesively and efficiently with one goal. As a result of their continued success and immediate and future growth plans, we have been tasked with searching for a Land Surveyor to join their team in Bicester.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travel to multiple sites country-wide, undertaking surveys, collecting data, and setting out works on behalf of the organisation and clients.
- Use Total Station, Laser Scanning, handheld GNSS and Electromagnetic Location equipment.
- Use a proactive and departmental best practice approach to process data.
- Produce maps and plans to support a wide range of projects, all within deadlines and budgets and held to the organisations’ standards.
- Work in collaboration with the team to obtain, manage, and analyse data from sources including; Land Registry, Ordnance Survey, Environment Agency, Local Authorities, and Utilities companies to inform advice and service to clients.
- Responsibility over the maintenance and calibration procedures of survey equipment and organisational policies and requirements.
- Work independently on requests and projects, ensuring requirements and objectives are met whilst building positive relationships and maintaining high standards of work.
- Maintain all records, including meeting notes, expenses, and file updates/records of activities to provide regular client updates.
- Accurately assess time requirements of each job, and confidently advise clients and other surveyors.
- Assist with the development of junior members of the team through mentoring/coaching and providing feedback/participating in progress reviews where appropriate.
- Proactive engagement of communication within other business sectors, ensuring Geomatics requests are completed efficiently.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Desirable but non-essential – RICS or TSA qualification.
- Full clean UK driving licence and willingness to travel to client sites.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation skills, with a result driven and problem solving mind-set.
- Ability to manage large quantitative and qualitative data-sets.
- Private healthcare (through Vitality Health).
- Life insurance (4x Salary).
- 26 Weeks paid Maternity Leave.
- 2 Weeks paid Paternity Leave.
- Electric vehicle purchase (provided by Octopus Electric Vehicles).
- Professional development – paid study leave.
- Military service paid leave (7.5 days per year).
- Flexible working through our ‘Flexible Advantage’ supporting working families & your work/life balance.
- Free on-site parking.
- Subsidised gym membership and other Vitality Member discounts.
- Charity support – volunteering your time encouraged.
- Cycle to work scheme.
This is an exciting role with a varied workload which would suit someone looking to take the next the next steps onto an exciting career path, with a progression structure that is clearly laid out. If you would like to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Alice McGlaughlin. Alternatively, please apply today and we will contact you directly.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.