- Based in Leeds
- Up to £55,000 pa + annual bonus
- Excellent Benefits
Is a global leader in mobile connectivity and navigation systems, as well as a manufacturer of solutions that provide high-speed internet, television, and voice services from satellite through to mobile. This enables people on land, sea, and air to stay connected, remain on course and have the knowledge to stay ahead of their competition. Operating across 10 countries worldwide, the business provides an award-winning service to some of the largest organisations around the world. The business has continued to operate in a strong position throughout the pandemic and due to an internal promotion, it is now seeking a talented Finance Manager who will play a significant part in overseeing their financial operations both in the UK and overseas.
We are searching for a qualified accountant with strong technical, analytical, and reporting ability to join this innovative and forward-thinking organisation. Reporting into the Finance Director, our ideal candidate will have gained practical post qualification experience ideally in a small to medium sized enterprise environment where you will have been exposed to multiple areas of the business, including the preparation and monitoring of financial planning and analysis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the continuous improvement of controls and procedures, as well as fulfilling the company’s statutory obligations. Audit preparation and liaison is another major part of this role and will include planning audits as well as the annual finance pack creation.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Controlling the organisations accounts across the EMEA and APAC regions.
- Managing the finance team and collaborating with those responsible for financial planning and analysis.
- Monitoring the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions.
- Tracking the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement.
- Analysing and leading improvements including treasury, invoice, debt management, payroll and financial accounting systems.
- Seeking methods to minimise financial risk to the company.
- Researching and analysing financial reports and market trends.
- Providing insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making.
- Reviewing financial data and preparing monthly and annual reports to present to management.
- Staying up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes.
- Establishing and maintaining financial policies and procedures for the company.
- Contracting outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, and other financial needs as necessary
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to influence and guide a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and mentor a small finance team.
- Self-motivated to deliver to the highest standard with a proactive, can do attitude.
- Understanding of relevant finance regulations, legislation, and compliance.
- Accurate and strong attention to detail with an investigative nature.
- Highly resilient with strong organisational and time management skills.
- Understanding of SOX compliance (desirable).
Team culture is key to our client’s success so it’s important that the successful candidate will be a strong team player whilst being able to roll up their sleeves and work on their own initiative. If you feel you are suitable, please apply today by submitting your CV to email@example.com, or if you would like to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Luke Parker on 07961 091 500 or Matt Pallister 07943 710 160.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.
With regards to the ongoing Coronavirus (Covid-19) situation, like all responsible businesses we are continuing to monitor the situation and to act in accordance with Government guidelines. Please note that whilst we are having to adapt our services, we continue to work closely with our employer and candidate clients to ensure that resourcing and job sourcing requirements continue to be met in line with our strict professional standards. In the interests of health and safety, we will continue to carry out all forthcoming interviews with our candidates via video interview until further notice.