This vacancy has been filled and is no longer available.
- £35,000 – £45,000 Per Annum
- Based in Huddersfield
- 25 days holiday + Company Benefits
This privately owned business has been operating for over 50 years and is the UK’s largest manufacturer and installer of sporting and leisure equipment with projects in both the UK and overseas. Its reputation as a market leader in this highly specialised sector has been built on an uncompromising commitment to designing, creating, and producing bespoke high end quality equipment which is both durable and safe. As a result of an upcoming retirement, we have been tasked with finding an individual who will deliver and manage the accounts function for the business and create its monthly management accounts. This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience of working within manufacturing which is directly linked to construction as you will be working with both internal and external stakeholders on a daily basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall operation of the finance department including financial systems and procedures. This will include the preparation of monthly management accounts, cash flow and ensuring financial records and supporting documentation are maintained and processed according to company/regulatory guidelines. Knowledge of bank reconciliations including expenses and foreign currency is something that will be advantageous. Payroll will play a big part in the role as well, due to being responsible for the pension setup, including monthly payments and payment of wages. Our ideal candidate will have knowledge of the manufacturing/building industry and be able to liaise with internal departments as well as customers to chase payments and invoices.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing maintenance of the purchase and sales ledgers including account maintenance, month and year end processes including balance sheets.
- Producing accurate financial reports to deadlines, including the reconciliations necessary to support the monthly management accounts.
- Managing the company bank accounts, ensuring daily reconciliation and ensuring sufficient funds are available
- Completion of VAT returns.
- Accruals and Prepayments.
- Use of Sage to handle payroll, including pension setup and monthly payments.
- Credit control including contractors account agreements and retentions.
- Liaise with the MD and other departments to ensure everything runs smoothly and orders are processed and invoiced correctly.
- The main focus will be on competence and experience but ideally you will have or are working towards a relevant qualification to support your application
- Strong critical thinking and financial acumen to support the long-term strategic goals and interests of the organisatio
- Accurate and strong attention to detail with an investigative nature.
- Self-motivated to deliver to the highest standard with a proactive, can-do attitude.
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities.
- Understanding of relevant finance/HMRC regulations and legislation.
- Highly resilient with strong organisational and time management skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (advanced Excel knowledge would be an advantage).
This role provides a huge opportunity for someone seeking a new challenge and would like to work for an employer who will offer the type of prospects and rewards that are not readily available from most organisations. If you feel you are suitable, please apply today or if you would like to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Luke Parker on the number listed on our website.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.