Field Engineer – Fire Suppression
- Field Based – Watford
- £28,000 – £40,000 pa, DOE
- Full Top Spec Vehicle and Kit Out
- Uncapped Paid Overtime
- 10% Employer Pension Contribution
- Health Shield Plan
- Additional Company Benefits
Our client is a global specialist in the design, installation, and maintenance of fire suppression systems for mobile and static plant and machinery. With almost 3 decades of experience spanning globally, their systems protect over 100,000 assets in some of the world’s most challenging and high-risk environments. Due to their expertise and dedication to providing first-class, innovative solutions, they have gained the trust of the largest machine manufacturers, including Liebherr, Caterpillar, JCB and more. Due to their global success, we are searching for Field Engineers to join their team of experts.
This is a fantastic opportunity for engineers with demonstrable experience in operating on plant machinery, mechanical engineering & fitting, auto electrics and fire suppression who are looking for a new challenge. The successful candidate will provide field support to customers across a variety of industries including mining, quarrying, forestry, and ports. You will be required to complete servicing and maintenance on all fire suppression units, diagnosing and reporting any faults, and undertaking all repair work to the highest of standards, ultimately ensuring the safety of personnel and business assets. This role will require you to attend a range of sites across your area, which will include overnight stays and potential weekend work. As a result of your efforts, full training, vehicle, and equipment will be provided and you will receive an excellent benefits package. Over time, you will be given the opportunity to progress towards callout and install work, with further development allowing the opportunity to work overseas.
Your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Servicing and maintaining fire suppression units across a range of plant machinery.
- Diagnosing and reporting any faults to operational teams and undertaking full repairs as required.
- Ensuring consistency across all work completed, maintaining the highest level of safety and quality.
- Travelling to customer sites to complete work; ensuring site induction and risk assessments are completed prior to commencing work.
- Monitoring and maintain stock control, completing full reporting and stock takes on internal systems.
- Taking great pride in your work and the maintenance of your equipment, including your bespoke vehicle.
CANDIDATE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
We are looking for motivated an experienced engineers with a solid work ethic and previous experience operating on plant machinery or working with fire suppression units. You will be an excellent communicator, take pride in your work and comfortable with travel and overnight stays.
We want to hear from candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrable understanding and knowledge of operating and servicing various plant machinery.
- Knowledge of auto electrics and electrical wiring, pipe and hose fitting and mechanical fitting.
- Ability to engage with and develop strong relationships with customers and key stakeholders.
- Interest in further training and development; working with complex hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Welding experience would be desirable but not essential.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
- High levels of attention to detail.
- Proactive way of working, able to react quickly and logically to provide solutions.
- Demonstrable experience with the safe use of handheld equipment and tools.
- Basic IT skills, including report writing ability.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a field engineer with experience working on plant machinery, including JCB, Caterpillar, Liebherr etc to join a global organisation where you will be looked after and given excellent training and further opportunities. If you feel you are suitable, please apply today by submitting your CV to email@example.com. Alternatively, to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Jonny McPartland directly on 07375 675 049 / 0113 332 0678.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.