This vacancy has been filled and is no longer available.
Commercial Pricing Manager
- Based in Leeds
- £40,000 – £45,000 pa, negotiable dependent on experience
- Excellent Benefits
We would describe this organisation as a truly dynamic and progressive organisation which continues to focus on the future of its business. Digital innovation, strong reporting and compliance processes, a robust customer attraction and retention strategy together with a firm commitment to its workforce are just some of the factors which makes this an ideal job opportunity. Due to continued success of our client’s business, we are searching for a Commercial Pricing Manager who is prepared to invest their commercial, analytical skills and experience in order to deliver the groups commercial pricing agenda.
We are searching for a Commercial Pricing Manager with a strong technical and analytical background. Our ideal candidate will be someone who can effectively interpret data to understand commercial pricing and the complexities that come with it, in order to deliver high quality and insightful financial analysis to support strategic initiatives and drive long-term pricing strategy.
Reporting to the Head of Pricing & Commercial Initiatives, the successful candidate will be someone who is able to take ownership of and manage their own commercial projects, including extensive pricing restructures and new product launches. This role will see you working with key stakeholders across the business, you will play a role in preparing, monitoring and delivering business plans through your analysis, modelling, change recommendations and scrutiny of results.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring sale volume and supplier pricing daily.
- Preparing weekly supplier costing forecast and recommending customer pricing levels.
- Implementing weekly price margin adjustments across the various customer groups.
- Reviewing the weekly pricing data import in detail and thereafter highlighting and resolving any anomalies prior to authorisation.
- Managing the business pricing queries from other departments, investigating any issues or errors to ensure that they are corrected in a timely manner.
- Working with the Management Information (MI) team to improve the current pricing process, covering all areas of system pricing to design and implement a more efficient workflow.
- Supporting the Executive team to produce the annual strategic plan, budget and quarterly re-forecasts.
- Supporting the production of commercially viable business cases to deliver the strategic initiatives.
- Using internal and external information to understand the drivers of current performance in order to assist the development of future opportunities and performance based on scenario planning.
- Undertaking business analytics; including performance and productivity baselining, demand analysis, impact and feasibility analysis, scenario modelling, activity-based costings and benefits tracking.
- Encouraging and recommending means of continuous improvement in data, systems and information, feeding ideas into the MI and pricing teams.
- Decision and appraisal support to key stakeholders providing constructive challenge where appropriate.
- Conducting risk assessments, including identifying solutions to mitigate risk, contingency plans and regular monitoring.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Exceptional analytical skills with demonstrable experience of identifying issues and delivering solutions.
- Experience of managing large data sets, data modelling & SQL.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Office skills.
- Experience with a BI tool and knowledge of Oracle would be advantageous.
- Able to act with commercial aptitude, sound judgement and professional integrity.
- Experience in a pricing finance business partner role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build rapport with and influence a range of stakeholders by providing constructive, data-based challenge.
- Strong communication skills, able to translate numbers into a business process.
- Highly resilient with strong organisational and time management skills; self-motivated to deliver to the highest standard within challenging deadlines.
- A self-starter with the ability to work both individually and as part of a team whilst building strong working relationships.
- A good understanding of how business functions operate to help you interpret a request and to ensure correct understanding of what is required.
- Problem solving and tenacious, with a can-do attitude.
- Accurate, strong attention to detail and an investigative nature.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting terms and concepts.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive and forward-thinking organisation. If you have the required skills and experience, please apply today. Alternatively, to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Matt Pallister directly on 07943 710 160 / 0113 332 0678.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.