Contact Sophie about this role
Senior Audit Accountant
- Based in Huddersfield
- Up to £50,000, dependent on experience
- Excellent Benefits
Taking on a varied portfolio of SME clients, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing client-relationships and productivity levels whilst also delivering an exceptional audit and assurance service. You will be responsible for overseeing the audit process, delivering management reports and recommendations to clients and maintaining technical standards. Additionally, you will mentor the junior members of the team, it will be your responsibility to brief staff on any ongoing business, conduct appraisal and help develop staff members, whilst ensuring work is completed to strict deadlines.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing a portfolio of clients and delivering high quality audit and assurance services, including preparing and reviewing audit plans.
- Identifying ways to maximise the relationship with the client and delivering added value where necessary.
- Delegating workflow, reviewing work, and providing training to junior members of the Audit Team.
- Directly reporting into key stakeholders to update on Audit findings.
- Assisting with new client tenders.
- ACA or ACCA qualified with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience.
- Experience at manager level in a similar role or supervisor acting in the role as manager.
- Proven experience in client handling.
- Proven Assurance experience in producing high quality audits.
- A strong work ethic and are committed to delivering results.
- Great mentoring and team building ability and will train and support their team to ensure results are achieved.
- A natural drive to ensure the value and integrity of the business is upheld at all times.
- An ability to work to deadlines.
Our client is a very well-established accountancy firm offering pro-active and practical solutions to help achieve their clients’ objectives. The firm’s independent and director-lead approach ensures clients receive advice they can rely on and trust. There is a very strong audit heritage with clients spread across the North of England. These cover some of the top high-growth corporates in the region and a diverse range of sectors including manufacturers, professional services firms, on-line operators, and academies. Services lines include external audit, assurance reporting and internal audit. With growing demand for its truly independent and pragmatic approach, the firm requires an Audit Manager to become an integral part of the team.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to join a medium sized accountancy practice, please apply today or if you would like to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Sophie Grazier or Matt Pallister on 07956 214 241 | 07943 710 160 | 0113 332 0678.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.