Contact Sophie about this role
Assistant Audit Accountant
- Based in Huddersfield
- £20,000 – £30,000, dependent on experience
- Excellent Benefits
Working closely with the dedicated audit department in a professional accountancy firm, you will be responsible for supporting the function to deliver a high-quality client service. Under the guidance of the senior auditors, you will provide support with planning as well as day to day management of workload whilst liaising with clients. Collaborating with the wider staff you will have the opportunity to complete audit assignments with analysis and recommendations; whilst building and maintaining strong relationships with new and established clients with onsite visits to provide an efficient, cost effective and timely service.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the audit department to deliver a high-quality client service.
- Ensuring all assignments tasks are completed efficiently and in line with the firm’s professional standards.
- Analyse client’s financial and accounting records, presenting recommendations to the senior audit staff for implementation.
- Continuous communication with the senior audit staff, identifying and reporting any issues and providing recommendations for solutions.
- Responding to all client queries in a timely manner and acting as a point of contact for clients during onsite work.
- Studying an ACA, ACCA or AAT qualification or qualified through experience in an accountancy practice.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Eagerness to learn and develop within the role.
- Show initiative and take accountability when completing tasks.
- Microsoft proficient.
- Strong communication skills, always conducting yourself in a professional manner.
- Clean UK Driving Licence.
Our client is a very well-established accountancy firm offering proactive and practical solutions to help achieve their clients’ objectives. The firm’s independent and director-lead approach ensures clients receive advice they can rely on and trust. There is a very strong audit and tax heritage with clients spread across the North of England and three CTA Directors in situ. These cover some of the top high-growth corporates in the region and a diverse range of sectors including manufacturers, professional services firms, online operators, and academies. Service lines include external audit, assurance reporting and internal audit. The expanding trust client base ranges from high-net-worth families through landed estates and onto successful entrepreneurs. The firm works in harmony with many independent law practices to provide an all-round private client service. With growing demand for its truly independent and pragmatic approach, we are now searching for an Audit Assistant to support the dedicated department.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to join a medium sized accountancy practice, please apply today or if you would like to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Matt Pallister or Sophie Grazier directly on 07943 710 160 | 07956 214 241
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.