- Based in Harrogate
- Up to £40,000, negotiable dependent on experience
- Company benefits + Bonuses
Our client is a very well-established specialist firm of architects based in Harrogate, offering a full architectural design and an expert consultancy service. Specialising in the design and procurement of logistics, distribution, ecommerce fulfilment, food and industrial manufacturing developments, our client has a diverse client portfolio, many of whom are major ‘super brand’ blue chip clients with whom they have established long term relationships. Whilst most of their projects are UK based, our client works globally, having completed projects in 29 countries across the USA, Canada, Europe, Middle East, and Asia.
Due to their continued success and because of the sectors they work with, our client is growing and has a significant pipeline of work, offering the right candidate job security, career progression, and the opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting projects.
We are searching for an Architectural Technologist/Technician to join the business and to support the project directors on varying projects. Working closely with key stakeholders, you will manage your client’s expectations throughout the project timeline, from conception through to completion.
The senior team will encourage you to develop your own style of expertise whilst aligning yourself to the company’s strategic objectives, ultimately to grow their client portfolio, so you will be happy to get stuck in where required and you won’t be afraid to present new and innovative ideas.
Your duties will include the following:
- Understanding and developing effective project briefs and assisting on these as projects as they progress
- Preparing and presenting design packages using Revit/BIM software
- Evaluating and advising on environmental, legal, and regulatory issues and contributing to planning and other regulatory application procedures
- Assess on the required surveys, action these and ensure their results are implemented into projects
- Advising clients on procuring the best and most appropriate contracts for the work they are undertaking
- Produce, analyse, and advise on detailed specifications for suitable materials or processes to be used
- Meet with clients at different project stages, in order to discuss and update project briefs
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ideally 2+ years industry experience as an architectural technologist/technician (a placement year would be considered)
- A CIAT accredited architectural degree
- You will ideally have experience using Revit, MicroStation or other BIM related software, however experience using AutoCAD software is essential
- HNC or HND in Construction and Building would be desirable (not essential)
- The ability to prioritise your own workload, and to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong levels of written and verbal communication, with the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels
- Industrial architecture knowledge would be preferable, but isn’t essential
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual who is looking to take the next step in their career. If you are interested, please apply today by submitting your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or for more information, please contact Matt Pallister directly on 07943 710 160 / 01423 200058.
Dear Applicant, we thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We would like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application please feel free to contact us directly.
With regards to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, like all responsible businesses we are continuing to monitor the situation and to act in accordance with Government guidelines. Please note however, that we are still fully operational and are working very closely with our employer and candidate clients to ensure that resourcing and job sourcing requirements continue to be met. In the interests of health and safety, we will continue to carry out all forthcoming interviews with our candidates via video interview until further notice. If you have any questions or concerns whatsoever during this difficult time, please do not hesitate to contact us on our usual numbers. We are here to support you.